Restoration of my right to possess firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Ok I think I found the answer...

Let's make it illegal for felons to commit violent crimes. That way if the dont want to go back to jail they wont go robbing and rapping. Problem solved. No more need to discuss the prohibition of felons owning guns.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What's this CHP?!?! Don't you know, it's a CCW!?! Or wait... a CCL? Maybe it was a CWP...

Thank God! Someone just posted to the thread I was lampooning so I could see that I had the title wrong.

Epic title of aforementioned thread is; The Average CCW Issue Time. 36 pages displaying every possible time frame on a calendar to get a permit.

:mamoru:

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    If you don't agree with the law, call your state senator and representatives, NRA board members, or whoever else you think will care about your felonious past to try and get the law changed, just don't be surprised when you find out that the majority of those of us who were doing the right thing from adolescence to later on in adult life really don't care a bit about your plight.

You don't have to like it or agree with it, but every decision in life has consequences. Because you did not understand them, or took them lightly at the time is an issue for you to take up with yourself and those who raised you. In average everyday law abiding society, a felony conviction speaks volumes about your character, or lack there of. If you over come it and live right after one conviction, good for you, but what is done is done and the consequences are what they are.

If you truly feel there is some sort of statutory SNAFU (which would not surprise me), and this isn't more of "the consequences are unfair because now I'm sorry and want to have a gun" crying, you should rally up the non-gun owning felons from this site that feel they deserve to have their day in court, take up a collation, find a lawyer, and file a suit against the State Police and/or State at large. Appeal it up to SCOTUS and get clarification. You may want to start with actually having it researched by someone that actually knows what they are talking about instead of seeking legal advice from the wiz-bangs on here. You have to think after 20+ ears of Louisiana issuing CHPs, there had to have been some sort of legal opinion issued by LA AG or SCOLA. But, as the saying goes.. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

And yeah, I know...... You think everyone did bad stuff when they were young and you were just one of the ones who got caught.

Anyway, good luck.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    :rofl:

Tell these convicted felony committing piles of completely worthless dog **** how you really feel!

In all seriousness, this;
    call your state senator and representatives, NRA board members, or whoever else you think will care about your felonious past to try and get the law changed
    is the correct path.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    When I was 20 I was in the Army. And it's a damn CHP not a CCW.

MOTOR51 I understand what you said.

6powgu2egdvle99z91yg.png

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So be only reasonable way to see if someone has changed from their felonious youth is a psychological exam. How many would want to go through that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Good grief

Give the man his Rights back already....the system is broken if his Rights aren't restored, assuming his account of what happened (restitution, sentence served, etc) is accurate.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    So be only reasonable way to see if someone has changed from their felonious youth is a psychological exam. How many would want to go through that

Psychological exams are easy to get the outcome you need.

Personally, I see no reason someone shouldn't get their rights back after a given time, once their sentence is served and as long as the crime was not one of violence or drugs; with the possibility of excluding smaller personal use marijuana issues; which would probably be a misdemeanor in most situations anyway. That's just my opinion; and my opinion matters as much of any of yours on here, NONE!!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Psychological exams are easy to get the outcome you need.

Personally, I see no reason someone shouldn't get their rights back after a given time, once their sentence is served and as long as the crime was not one of violence or drugs; with the possibility of excluding smaller personal use marijuana issues; which would probably be a misdemeanor in most situations anyway. That's just my opinion; and my opinion matters as much of any of yours on here, NONE!!

Well if the exams aren't reliable then I guess we should keep it the way it is just to be safe.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well if the exams aren't reliable then I guess we should keep it the way it is just to be safe because we no for sure he has at least committed one felony.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Well if the exams aren't reliable then I guess we should keep it the way it is just to be safe.

Just sayin'. You probably took a written and oral psych exam for your job. Obviously you are intelligent to have the the job you do. That being said, you know the type of personality required to do the job. If someone wanted to mislead a tester, and if you know the required outcome, it isn't hard.

Anyway..... Back on topic............

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Sarcasm alert

What about a psych exam to purchase guns period or to prove you are fit to live in society. I mean seriously have you walked around Walmart recently? Between the patrons and the employees I'm amased everytime I leave without myself or my wife getting mixed up in some type of conflict.

Illistrate the obsured by being obsured
    Rush

Sarcasm alert

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    ^^^Walmart is nothing compared to Home Depot in New Orleans on Claiborne today. I thought I was in a 3rd world country. Nothing but "thugs" and non English speaking thuggish folks; most had facial tattoos. (Nothing against tattoos; but on your face, really??) If my little buddies, G17 and Kabar wasn't with me, I may have been a little more uncomfortable. I assume most of the people there would not have done very well on any psych test.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom