Rifle side match after EAPS June 21st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    All,

First a reminder about the East Ascension Practical Shooters pistol match that will be at the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office range next to the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales. The match will be on Sunday, June 21st with registration at 8:00 and hammer down at 9:00. I'm sure Ed will be along shortly with more details about the pistol match. If not, you can go to www.lagator.org for more info.

Upon completion of the pistol match, we will set up a rifle side match for anyone interested in participating. This will be a practical rifle side match (ARs, HKs, FNs, or whatever other semiauto you wish to run, not bolt guns). We are still working on details, but it will probably be a 30-50 round stage minimum. Unless there's an issue with the 300 yd range, we plan on having targets out to 280-300 yds. No Open guns, Limited or Tactical only. No sling needed. At least one mag change will be required. Entry fee will be $5. A portion of the entry fees will go to EAPS for letting us do this, the winner takes the rest.

We will need help with the setup, resetting, and teardown of the stage(s), so please give us a hand if you intend to participate.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    After workin in it all week, I just wanna soak up some A/C on the weekends. Besides if I go prone, ya'll gonna have to wake me up.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    After workin in it all week, I just wanna soak up some A/C on the weekends. Besides if I go prone, ya'll gonna have to wake me up.

You're just trying to make me feel better because I'm an old gray dude who apparently isn't smart enough to come in out of the sun ;)

FWIW, came back from the range this morning, had a burger and a beer and right off for a two hour nap in the AC :rofl:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You know what VSound (Mickey) has in store for ya'll, he wants to come get some of my really big steel for the match.:dogkeke: I have to work so it's up to ya'll to make it happen.

Have a great time.

Beauxdog :)

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Scooter:......Wuss.

DMH: No bipods is the main reason for no Open. No tank brakes either. Don't really care about optics, but there's s**t talk starting about irons already. :-)

Beauxdog: Correction, I want your little steel. And there will be prone shooting, so it's a good thing you can't make it, because we don't want to have a medic present for you to shoot. :-) And, it's Mikey, not Mickey. Mickey is my father.

GMShooter: So, do you have a rifle that sports the Plate-tacular bling yet?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Are you going to laugh at me trying to hit steel with my baby EO-Tech, I've never shot it at that distance before, :I think I better double plug:redfinger:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom