Rifle side match after EAPS June 21st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    I might have to shoot I-rons just as a matter of principle :cool:

Remember folks, no armor piercing, green tips, steel case, blah blah blah....it is likely someone will have a magnet out there :peep:

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA
    only that sux for me for the rifle match if we have is that i need more mags( only have a 20 round mag). also have no clue of what to get to hold the mags.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    only that sux for me for the rifle match if we have is that i need more mags( only have a 20 round mag). also have no clue of what to get to hold the mags.

I can spot you a couple of mags if I get 'em back in one piece :D

Cargo pants pockets make a decent AR-15 mag holder...no kiddin...can even tuck 'em into a belt if need be.

Zero.40

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    PLaquemine, LA
    I can spot you a couple of mags if I get 'em back in one piece :D

Cargo pants pockets make a decent AR-15 mag holder...no kiddin...can even tuck 'em into a belt if need be.

hmmmmm sounds like a good idea. i do not think i am going to need more than 3 mags or even 1 extra mag for the side match.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Okay, some clarification.

I will not exclude an Open gun, but I will say no use of bipods.

Tentatively, if there's only one or two irons shooters they will just compete with everyone else. There needs to be at least 3 irons shooters before I can justify setting aside a portion of the winnings for the high irons shooter.

If anyone needs to borrow mags, there should be plenty available. There will be one mag change required, so you will need two mags minimum. Higher than 30 round mags will be allowed, but will only be an advantage if you plan on missing a lot. :D

There will be a Par time of 120 seconds. It will be time-plus scoring. 5 seconds for each miss, 5 seconds for a failure to engage (so 10 total if just skip a steel). There will be a few paper at the start of the stage. Paper will only require the necessary hits to neutralize the target. Steel will be static or self-resetting. ROs will call hits. Since this is for fun and practice, I'm okay with having the ROs call shots too.

Oh, and .223/5.56 minimum caliber and .308/7.62 maximum. If you've got something just outside of those, let me know what you've got and I'll consider it.

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hey JP,

If your going to be there for the Wong's, who's gonna be there for the Right's? :rofl:

Beauxdog

THE Wongs

Su Wong marries Lee Wong. The next year, the Wongs have a new baby.
    The nurse brings over a lovely, healthy, bouncy, but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents. 'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'
    The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, 'Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him...

Are you ready for this?

Sum Ting Wong

:dunno::dunno::nono::ohreally::rolleyes:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    There will be a few paper at the start of the stage. Paper will only require the necessary hits to neutralize the target.

To clarify, we are going to work paper target scoring as Time Plus (as below)?

• Minor caliber (.223): one A/B hit or two hits anywhere

• Major (.308): one hit anywhere [or is everything going to be score Minor)

• Failure to neutralize: - 5 seconds

• Target Not Engaged: -10 seconds procedural (plus another -5 for Failure to Neutralize)

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    To clarify, we are going to work paper target scoring as Time Plus (as below)?

• Minor caliber (.223): one A/B hit or two hits anywhere

• Major (.308): one hit anywhere [or is everything going to be score Minor)

• Failure to neutralize: - 5 seconds

• Target Not Engaged: -10 seconds procedural (plus another -5 for Failure to Neutralize)

Time-plus for Mikes and FTEs (+5 seconds for each), but not the rest of that. As Bill put it, the paper will be for "unadulterated hosing" before you get to the challenge of the steel. No major/minor differences. Except for separating the irons shooters (if there's enough), it will be "run what ya brung".

Top Bottom