Rock River Arms AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I got my Entry Tactical from Pete as well, I upgraded the "tactical carry handle" for a ARMS 40L flip up rear sight for a few bucks more from him. Also you want to get the lightweight "government" profile barrel. Unless you specify, RRA will send you a one with a barrel that is heavy under the handguards, and that extra weight way out in front of the gun will wear you down if you use it for externded periods of time

plus if you start out with a "heavy" gun, relatively speaking, it will only get heavier. Mine is rougly 10lbs right now with rails, light, front grip, and eotech w/a loaded 30rd mag

dukeryder

RedRyder Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2007
    New Orleans
    I picked up a Rock River Stripped lower for $125 at the Gun Show from a Vendor out of Slidell. I added a Stag LPK for $69 and an Adjustable Stock from RockRiver for another $69. So that's $265 for a complete lower, it was super easy to assemble.

I want to add a "Mid-Length" upper (Carbine Barrel but with longer sight distance), I really wanted the BravoCompany one; but they seem to always be out of stock. I might settle for the RockRiver which is <$500 COMPLETE that means I'll have a complete gun for less than $800 (slightly more if I get my hands on the BCM)

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh trust me, I will post them when it lands...don't worry. It has a couple of tweaks to it. :naughty:

I am glad that I finally pulled the trigger on an AR-15. Glad I got one before it was too late! :eek: And thanks for the help guys - I appreciate it!

Now, I just need to get that 1911 and an AK 47 & I will be set! :squint: Riiiggghhhhhhhttttttttt

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    16" 1:7 Chrome molly - Lightweight barrel; Quad rail hand guard; Dominator 2; Stage 2 Match Trigger; Ergo grip...and that is pretty much it for now.

I am in the market for a couple other necessities, but not fully sure about what I want just yet. I DO need some additional mags & ammo...but want to get the rifle first before I make any more decisions. I know I am going to want an EOTech, but so many decisions!!

This can NOT be good...

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    "This can NOT be good..."

We've set the hook, very little fight in 'em. Reel 'em in. :D :rofl:

Good for you. Can't wait to see it. :)

Art

OH yeah - I blame YOU Art. ;) Had to mention a RRA to me, eh?! :rolleyes: :rofl: I ALMOST went with the LMT, but decided that would be the next...the build it up one! :eek:

Man, I took that bait, hook...line....and sinker!!! Sheesh!

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    If you want, I'll let you borrow my ACOG to see how it shoots. It has QD mounts so it ain't a problem swapping rifles.

Oh,... I have no problem taking credit for dragging you, kicking and screaming, to the dark side..... :rofl: :mamoru:

Art

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Northshore
    I have an Entry Tacitical. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. The only thing I don't like is the tactical handle or whatever u want to call it like the one shown above. Would much rather a good flip up sight. I've been trying to get rid of mine but you cant hardly give them away. But I think when Topgunz ordered his he was given the option of the handle or flip ups, may want to get with him. Can't remember where he orderedhis from.

If you want to give that tactical carry handle away I will take it of your hands..

One of our Sgt called RRA today and they are way behind in production.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, as stated above, here are some quick pics of my new RRA.

RRA - Entry Tactical: 16" 1:7 Chrome molly - Lightweight barrel; Quad rail hand guard; Dominator 2; Stage 2 Match Trigger; Ergo grip...

Can you tell what's different from the description above & the pics? Besides the obvious mag, front hand grip & speed loader.

Thanks...
    100_2479.jpg

100_2478.jpg

100_2469.jpg

100_2468.jpg

:squint:

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    thats not a light weight barrel. thats not an Ergo grip.

Very good. I am a AR-15 newbie & I noticed this right off the bat. I called the store & informed him of what I had when I went to pick up the rifle from the FFL, and he was very apologetic & wanted to make things right. He gave me the option of boxing the upper & shipping it back to him, waiting for the completed upper w/ lightweight barrel & then ship it back to me. He also offered to reimbursed $100 bucks to me. Now, I have been waiting for this rifle for the last 2 weeks, due to Gustav, so I will take the $ back & start looking for another upper.

The Tactical CAR sports a 16" Chrome Lined 1:9 twist barrel. I can care less about the grip really...I can always get another one for a decent price just about anywhere.

I also found out today that the .308 RRA upper is also compatible with the lower I have, with just an extra mag to complete the deal. Huhmmmmm.

Thanks Penguin - Wife said "it looks ugly". LOL - I bet it looks even more ugly looking down the barrel of it when some looting moe tries breaking into my home.

Crap - that was what I was afraid of..

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    yeah LSP I gotta quad rail... it was priced right and I needed to mount my light and front grip, plus I had a brand new case of Black Rifle Disease and a whole seasons worth of LSU Football money in my pocket.

My light is definitely overkill, its a Blackhawk Falcata 9v, it is stupid bright and has proven very rugged (dont ask how I learned it was water proof). I'm also running a AA battery model eotech.

I also added a few ounces drinking the LaRue koolaid and getting their riser/mount. The return to zero is amazing though, and being able to take my optic on and off is great, no more solvents all over my eotech lens.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Jesus Christ. Might as well carry a Garand; more stomp, a bit less weight...

My Colt 6520 with light (same one you're using, I suspect), mag, and UltraDot L/T holograph sight weighs just over seven pounds. You must have an MG barrel, or something...:confused:

What do you mean, "rails"? Don't tell me you've got one of those three or four sided deals that cover the handguards?????

What rail system are you using for your optics and light? I want to put an ACOG or Eotech.

Top Bottom