Rock River Arms AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good deal! Will be stocking up on some ammo as soon as I can find something decent. Been looking at a couple sites, but not sure what I should get. Need to get some practice in before the next storms rolls around. :eek:

That's exactly what I need too! An expensive scope! LOL Thanks for the offer. I am sure the set up will shoot better than me. :o

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All you Mo's need to share some of those pics of the item's you are talking about, if you are gonna thread jack me! ;) :D :rofl:

LSP - Did you try the Image Upload button towards the top-center of the page. I uploaded two pictures on there and it worked pretty nicely. Spanky has it set up so you just have to click a couple buttons & the pictures show up on your profile. It's pretty cool & easy to use. You can e-mail them to me & I can also resize & post the pics. If not, no big deal. I need as much visual and written info you guys have and appreciate it.

Thanks!

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I haven't looked to see if the picture-posting deal has gotten to be less of a hassle; sounds like it might have.

If so, I'll be glad to take and post some pics. But right now I'm waiting on the guy who is going to repair my roof, to have a look and give me an idea what it will cost to fix (as opposed to what the ******* insurance company says they will pay for) and after he leaves the wife has said we ARE going out to lunch and some store-hopping. She's stir-crazy big-time, and we just got power back.

If we get back from that in time, I've GOT to cut the grass.

What I'm telling you is, don't hold your breath waiting for pics... ;)

Hehe. Good deal! I know a lot of people have WAY to much $hit going on in their lives right now. Sorry about the structural damage & good luck on all that. F^%ng insurance companies are a pain in the ass to deal with right after storms, even when you are good friends with an agent. They can be some short changing bitches, that's for sure.

I did notice that the boards are a little slower when loading up a long post or editing a long post. I have noticed that there are a lot of new users & visitors to the forums also. I dunno.

Gonna have to bring my camera when Art & I head out to so some shooting. Get some decent shots of her in action. Speaking of which, guess I need an Otis cleaning kit? Anyone use these for their AR? I love my little pistol kit. Worth the extra coin or should I just stick with the cheap throw away stuff? Suggestions?

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, I popped her cherry this afternoon, now I am gonna break her down & lube her up! It's pretty sad when I have to look on youtube.com to find out how to properly clean my rifle. The clean/lube directions that came with the rifle was pretty poor.

Thank you for the tips above. I am not sure what I can put a brass or steel brush to or not. The bolt carrier assembly & various inner parts was one. :confused:

Disassemble was a snap actually. Didn't think it would be that easy to tear down & now I get to look up some video's of various hints or tips from the experienced rifleman on youtube~!~

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Okay. I took some pix and uploaded them; at least, I THINK they uploaded.

Now what?

Just click on Image Upload (and then click on public gallery) & we can see that the new pics on the list are yours. You can also add them to your album (under your User CP) so people can view them & when someone views your profile, they will see your album off to the right side of your profile...

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I did NOT double-post; something is up with the board software, besides it taking a very long time to load posts, etc.

What's up with all of that Spanky? I noticed things slowing down BEFORE the hurricane. You need to get on a new server, or what?

Server is out of state, thankfully.

It's running fine for me. :dunno:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, they're on the public gallery. I'll try to add them to my profile.

Computer ignorance is a terrible thing...

You're done with the hardest part.

Now just go to the public gallery, click the image, scroll to the bottom and copy what's next to "Hotlink for Forums" and paste it into a post.

[ URL=http://upload.bayoushooter.com/][ IMG]http://upload.bayoushooter.com/images/201lhsbdex8ismhwy7ww.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    (i added spaces to show what it should look like before you click submit.)

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Okay, I'm totally clueless on how to do this.

Going to bed...

I don't blame you. When you click on the User CP you will see some options on the left side. Under Networking, the last clickable link is Pictures & Albums. When you click under Pictures & Albums, you will see different options. Click Add album. Name it whatever you want. After that is done & you are in your new Album, click the link at the bottom that says, Upload pictures. But aside from that, we can still see the photos you uploaded. I like that set-up. Simple...light-weight...effective.

Well, I get to start the second hour of cleaning the new AR-15. LMFAO! 15 minutes of shooting, 2 hours of cleaning...I have to be doing something wrong man?! Gone through about 50 Q-tips so far! :eh: But oh WOW, it was so awesome! I would say definitely worth it!! ;):D *insert dancing banana* Still never used that icon.

Friggen trigger on that two stage match is sweeet! :drool: Can squeeze off rounds quite quickly! I need to inherit some ammo & quick!!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    2 hrs of cleaning? What are you shooting out of that thing?

Were you a Marine or something?

We were cleaning the LSA rifles one day and the father of one of my juniors was there to help us. He is a Marine Lt. Col. He was still working on his first rifle and the rest of us had cleaned 3 or 4 each. I thought he was going ot scrub the parkerizing off of the bolt. OMG!

A couple of wet patches down the barrel followed by 10 strokes with a wet brush then a couple more wet patches. Leave the barrel wet while you clean the bolt. Pull the bolt carrier assembly apart and clean the carbon off of and out of it. Don't oil the bolt itself because it will collect more fouling. Put carrier asembly together. Oil the carrier, use a toothpick to put a touch of grease on the rear of each locking lug. Clean the chamber with a chamber brush. Run a couple more wet patches down the barrel followed by 2 or 3 dry ones. Every 500 or so rounds use some JB bore paste to get out any built up carbon.

That routine should only take you 25 to 30 minutes or less. I have never had a gun jam with that kind of cleaning.

What solvent do you use. I like Butch's. I use CLP for oil and Shooter's Choice grease. Remember, always use a bore guide. A one piece (preferably coated) rod and bronze core brushes are a good idea.

Dan

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    LOL. No military, but I do work in the medical field, so I am kind of a stickler about cleanliness. Of course, I have a 7 year old glock that I have fired thousands of rounds through and it is immaculate! I take real good care of my stuff, ever since I was a kid, weird-o, I know. Guess I got that OCD gene from my dad's side. Any job doing...is worth doing right.

My old man just bought this stuff & I thought I would give it a shot after reading some good stuff about it. I don't have any experience with it, but I am sure I will find out pretty soon. Anyone on this forum use this stuff or have any experience with it?

I usually use Hoppes 9, CLP, some Remington oil or other various cleaner or lube on hand. Those are on my pistols. I tend to stick with the same combo for each pistol. The AR-15 on the other hand is new to me. I saw the temp rating for the eezox & figure after reading MORE good stuff about it, would run it.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Showing more love for LSP... :)

Ithica Model 37.

to2yjxa7odqvgdfan63t.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

gdc0ymaq52htsfvp420s.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

6nvh5qfe0e7gqjod3i83.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    I'm not picky, leave me the Colt or Bushy in the will and I'll be happy.

How's the focus on the M3? Can you get a good spot with decent spill, or is it like a Mag where it turns into more of a pencil beam if you focus it tightly enough to get rid of the dark rings?

What breaks? Bulb filament, switch, contacts?

A buddy brought his X300 over the other day along with a Rings Blue G17. It was nice...a huge improvement over his X200A. I'll have to get my hands on Dad's M3 (original, not X) when I'm there. I wonder if a P226 DAK w/ rail is in my future?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Dan, your jarhead was just doing what he'd been trained to do; same with some army types. Military armorers are bred in test tubes; they all have a very critical eye, and the slightest speck of un-cleanliness is a personal affront to them. They will not accept a weapon for turn-in until it is spotless. :D.

Cpl Miceli upon handing over my M-16: Rifle 16521 for turn in.

******* Sgt Armorer: Why does my rifle still have carbon on the carrier?

Cpl Miceli: Not sure Sgt, I ran it through the barrels and cleaned it.

Sgt Armorer: No, what you did is waste my time. Go clean it again.

Cpl Miceli: Aye aye, Sgt.

Top Bottom