Ron Paul offensive tweet on slain veteran Chris Kyle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What bothers me more than Paul's comments are the people working feverously to produce the coolest RIP photo to generate traffic or implying relationships that weren't there. While Paul's statements were poorly timed his offense doesn't involve awesome by association profiteering.

I agree with you 100%. This new gun culture of wannabe toughguy weekend range commando types makes me sick. Take off your multicam get back to your real job; you know, the non-gun carrying one. Awesome by association and awesome by omission are widespread. Both disgust me.

JR1572

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I hope the crazy left doesn't use this to try and restrict gun ranges. Prayers for the Kyle family. The man was just trying to help. Lets not also forget another man was murdered. Very tragic event.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The part that makes me annoyed is the people who have to include their company/blog's watermark/logo in the image... I mean, are they hoping it gets shared and posted around for free advertising? meh.

I agree with you 100%. This new gun culture of wannabe toughguy weekend range commando types makes me sick.
    Sorry, because I work in an office, I shouldn't be learning to use my guns better? Not sure what your real point was, but that's how that came off.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The part that makes me annoyed is the people who have to include their company/blog's watermark/logo in the image... I mean, are they hoping it gets shared and posted around for free advertising? meh.

Sorry, because I work in an office, I shouldn't be learning to use my guns better? Not sure what your real point was, but that's how that came off.

I think you're misunderstanding the point. He isn't talking about people like you who are there to learn a skill that may save your life, he is talking about the idiot dressed in head to toe multicam, a helmet, shooting as fast as he can to look cool on a video uploaded to Facebook, while the instructor is yelling at him to make good hits. The kind of idiot you hate to see at a class and god forbid if you see them trying to teach one.

FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    How can anyone be surprised this came from Ron Paul? I am on board with his limited government and personal responsibility platforms. But I can not stomach his left of Obama or even Carter on defense of the country. He thinks we should sing kumbaya to Iraqis planting IEDs rather than have a sniper take them out before they kill another American.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I think you're misunderstanding the point. He isn't talking about people like you who are there to learn a skill that may save your life, he is talking about the idiot dressed in head to toe multicam, a helmet, shooting as fast as he can to look cool on a video uploaded to Facebook, while the instructor is yelling at him to make good hits. The kind of idiot you hate to see at a class and god forbid if you see them trying to teach one.
    Yea, hence the disclaimer/inquiry at the end... wasn't sure what/who he was talking about, but it seemed to be anyone who doesn't carry a gun as part of their job.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    How can anyone be surprised this came from Ron Paul? I am on board with his limited government and personal responsibility platforms. But I can not stomach his left of Obama or even Carter on defense of the country. He thinks we should sing kumbaya to Iraqis planting IEDs rather than have a sniper take them out before they kill another American.
    Obama has ever-expanded our role in more and more countries as an active military presence... it's not hard to be "left" of Obama on that. I'm not sure how you think that's a bunch of 'kumbaya' ... and considering his ever-expanding scope of drone warfare, including American citizens abroad, it makes me wonder where the heck you're even getting the basis for that claim.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Real simple: if you're dressing up in equipment that you have no use for and play with guns and train because it's cool, I'm talking about you. If you're posting iToughguy pictures of you doing what I talked about above, I'm talking about you.

If you're doing this stuff and trying to better your skills and protect yourself and loved ones, this doesn't apply to you.

Mark my words Jnieman, there are people that are doing it for attention, not for anything else, and if called on it, they will lie.

JR1572

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Real simple: if you're dressing up in equipment that you have no use for and play with guns and train because it's cool, I'm talking about you. If you're posting iToughguy pictures of you doing what I talked about above, I'm talking about you.

If you're doing this stuff and trying to better your skills and protect yourself and loved ones, this doesn't apply to you.

Mark my words Jnieman, there are people that are doing it for attention, not for anything else, and if called on it, they will lie.

JR1572

Don't hate on range commandos, they pay us instructors good money. Why do I care if he shows up in a Glock tshirt, 5.11 pants, and Bates boots, or dressed up in ACU's he never earned? Sure, it's a little annoying (due to the usual attitude), but I'll take his money too. Hopefully while he's here playing Collateral or C.O.D. Real Life for the day, I'll teach him some things he didn't know. If not, it's his money wasted, not mine.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Don't hate on range commandos, they pay us instructors good money. Why do I care if he shows up in a Glock tshirt, 5.11 pants, and Bates boots, or dressed up in ACU's he never earned? Sure, it's a little annoying (due to the usual attitude), but I'll take his money too. Hopefully while he's here playing Collateral or C.O.D. Real Life for the day, I'll teach him some things he didn't know. If not, it's his money wasted, not mine.

What are you an instructor of?

JR1572

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The subject of Chris Kyle's death came up today when I was talking to a ex-mil client. He felt that Kyle was executed but seemed to think that it may have been someone in the pay of terrorist since Kyle had bragged about the price on his head. I've seen several people posting here and elsewhere that it was a government conspiracy.

Maybe this is what they were talking about?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Recently posted on the Ron Paul facebook page:

Ron Paul
    As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

So yea, I'm gonna go ahead and say he's batshit stupid. Man's lost what little he had left.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

JR1572
    Ok, nevermind then :) I read into it the wrong way. I definitely know the types you talk about. A big clue is if they, when finished with the class, put all their guns in the trunk, including any gun they could easily conceal in their belt line...

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    What are you an instructor of?

JR1572

I teach Concealed handgun permits and I do an introduction to defensive shooting course. You can find this out if you go to my website, or read my sig line. Both are level 0-0.5 courses, though I call them 1 and 2 respectively because I require people to have attended my CHP course or have a current permit in order to take the IDS class. I won't go further in this thread, but it's definitely Not some super secret squirrel battle rifle course, but I still get the "guy with too much gear" and the "I've prestiged multiple times on COD" guy from time to time. Idc, they pay like everyone else.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Recently posted on the Ron Paul facebook page:

Ron Paul
    As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

So yea, I'm gonna go ahead and say he's batshit stupid. Man's lost what little he had left.

His statement made sense to me. :confused:

Top Bottom