Ron Paul offensive tweet on slain veteran Chris Kyle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    How can anyone be surprised this came from Ron Paul? I am on board with his limited government and personal responsibility platforms. But I can not stomach his left of Obama or even Carter on defense of the country. He thinks we should sing kumbaya to Iraqis planting IEDs rather than have a sniper take them out before they kill another American.

His position on defense isn't left of Obama or Carter..... it's far away from both parties. It's probably closer to what our founding fathers envisioned.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    His statement made sense to me. :confused:
    "A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies"

I don't buy it. I wouldn't buy it for free. I wouldn't buy that if I was paid to. It just ain't true.

FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    His position on defense isn't left of Obama or Carter..... it's far away from both parties. It's probably closer to what our founding fathers envisioned.

Our founding fathers and Reagan were on the right track. Peace through strength. RP would disband our military faster than Carter, Clinton, and Obama combined. RP's appeasement policies are the same appeasement policies that got us into WWII. The planet may not survive WWIII

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    "A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies"

I don't buy it. I wouldn't buy it for free. I wouldn't buy that if I was paid to. It just ain't true.

non-aggression principle FTW!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    non-aggression principle FTW!
    I'm somewhere between the current state and Ron Paul's ideas. That is irrelevant to the situation however. Thinking that just living a good life of non-aggression will prevent bad things from happening to you is ********.

Your own behavior and good will toward men has no bearing on whether or not other assholes will decide to burden your life with their evil. If you keep telling yourself that "bad things don't happen to good people" then when it /does/ happen, you're going to sit there in disbelief and shock when something comes upon you, asking yourself in a mental autopilot "Why me? What did I do wrong?" when in reality you shouldn't even concern yourself with what the other bastard is thinking you did wrong because it doesn't matter... all that matters is he wants to wrong you, and for that he deserves nothing but efficient and metered response as much as the law allows.

Bad things happen to good people... get over it, Ron Paul, and get your old head out of your wrinkly crazy ass.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm somewhere between the current state and Ron Paul's ideas. That is irrelevant to the situation however. Thinking that just living a good life of non-aggression will prevent bad things from happening to you is ********.

Your own behavior and good will toward men has no bearing on whether or not other assholes will decide to burden your life with their evil. If you keep telling yourself that "bad things don't happen to good people" then when it /does/ happen, you're going to sit there in disbelief and shock when something comes upon you, asking yourself in a mental autopilot "Why me? What did I do wrong?" when in reality you shouldn't even concern yourself with what the other bastard is thinking you did wrong because it doesn't matter... all that matters is he wants to wrong you, and for that he deserves nothing but efficient and metered response as much as the law allows.

Bad things happen to good people... get over it, Ron Paul, and get your old head out of your wrinkly crazy ass.

I don't think that's what RP was saying. It's like saying "A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented the current suicide rate of 1 soldier per day"

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't think that's what RP was saying. It's like saying "A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented the current suicide rate of 1 soldier per day"
    Why would he be commenting on something that has nothing to do with the event he is addressing then?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If this is true, if Ron Paul actually did tweet this himself, then shame on him. His statement was inappropriate and his image of Christ differs from mine as well.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    If this is true, if Ron Paul actually did tweet this himself, then shame on him. His statement was inappropriate and his impression of Christ differs from mine as well.

That's what makes the bible great.
    If you don't like what it says you can skip to a different contradicting story. Worst case you can interpret it to fit your agenda!

And there's two books! An old one with monsters, spite and revenge.... Or a new one with hippie feel good stuff.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If this is true, if Ron Paul actually did tweet this himself, then shame on him. His statement was inappropriate and his image of Christ differs from mine as well.
    His clarification and defense of the statement on his facebook page was denoted with his own initials, apparently claiming authorship.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That's what makes the bible great.
    If you don't like what it says you can skip to a different contradicting story. Worst case you can interpret it to fit your agenda!

And there's two books! An old one with monsters, spite and revenge.... Or a new one with hippie feel good stuff.

aww jeez.... I can't believe it took this long. Other forums were at this point by post 10.

out here/
    boredsmiley.gif

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    So y'all's hero says something he believes in, y'all don't like it, then drop the Jesus card and get mad at me.

Jesus doesn't want you mad at me. Love me. He does.

Top Bottom