Ruger MKI Barreled Action, Threaded, Ugly, W/Fake Can $50

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    See pic. This is functional, but not pretty. There are some gouge and grind marks and a couple of tapped holes on the top in the area where a front sight would go.
    Rear sight is adjustable. Barrel is threaded 7/16-14. I think the barrel may have been a Cobray item. I've seen these barrels for sale somewhere in the past. Should fit any MKI or MKII lower. Trade for just about anything. Please, take it away. I tried to show the bad spot in the pic. A front sight would probably cover most of it, IIRC. I'll see if I can find the front sight.
    ckwfh58boznrvfn8w7l.jpg

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I can ship but it is technically a gun so it will have to go to an FFL holder. Or, I can cut the front end off and remove the sight and send you most of the pieces.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    If anyone is making the trip to the LC area maybe they will buy it and decide they don't like it along the way, and sell it to you when they get there.

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    On Ruger MKI MKII MKIII pistols the barrel assembly is where the serial numbers are. It is technically the receiver.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Yeah, trust me, the **** you will get from even MENTIONING a "Straw Purchase" is not even worth the hassle.

Basically, it's when one person buys a gun for another person. It's not considered a straw purchase if it's a present or gift.

If you decide to ship it minus the FFL, I'll be all over it.

DAVE

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I didn't see anything about a straw purchase. He said someone buy it and if they don't really like it they sell it to you. Seems legal to me. I bought a gun on gunbroker and when it got here I didn't like it so I sold it. I'm not in jail and don't believe I did anything illegal.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I didn't suggest a straw purchase. Was I not clear? Someone buys it and later decides to sell it.
    I can't ship a pistol. The law is a little different on shipping long guns in state, but very clear on pistols.
    You can come get it. If I find myself heading that way I'll bring it. Otherwise someone else will have to buy it and they may or may not decide to sell it to someone in Sulphur, exercising their Constitutional Right to move freely about their country and sell things to other law abiding citizens.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Something else to ponder:

I was under the impression a straw purchase was one where 1 person buys a firearm for another person who they know is unable to buy a firearm. I also thought that it was only a straw purchase if they were filling out a 4473 for another person who was unable to buy a firearm.

Of course, I am not a lawyer and unfortunately I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Correct, as long as the end user is legally able to posess the gun, it is not a straw purchase.
    My wife has purchased many of my guns. Some were while on the phone with me making sure she was getting the one I wanted, in front of the sellers whiche have been big box stores, local shops and not so local shops. All perfectly legal.
    Now, the only part I do not understand is the question on the form asking if the gun is for your(buyer) personal use. The way I understand, you must answer yes to this question, even if you are buying a cricket rifle for your kid (obviously not intended for buyers of legal age). I was told if you answered no, you are not allowed to make the purchase?

Sorry for adding to the waaay off topic in the for sale forum

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    You are correct, I think, but the guy in Sulfur qualifies as someone who is unable to buy the gun. He isn't here, so he can't buy it FTF. I don't think the form has much to do with it. If you, as a regular citizen buy a gun for someone who can't buy one for themselves, I think it constitutes a "straw" purchase.
    I would go check the law but I spent too many long hours reading and straining my brain on this stuff during the AWB that I don't care to spend more time and brain strain. Some of the laws are ambiguous, but you should err on the side of caution because you never know how the LEOs and judges may interpret them.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I could purchase it FTF, but not through a FFL.

Ahh, oh well. I was kind of looking forward to having a new upper to play around with for snakes and whatnot. If you ever come this way, send me a message.

DAVE

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    How is that illegal?
    If anyone is making the trip to the LC area maybe they will buy it and decide they don't like it along the way, and sell it to you when they get there.

I read the above as..
    Person A wants the gun
    Person B just happens to be taking a trip to the LC area
    Person A ask Person B to pick the gun up for him.
    Of course he worded it as
    Person B bought the gun while in LC and on the way home (the area where person A lives) decided that he didn't want it. SO he sold it to person A!

Maybe I read to much into it, but I doubt it!!
    If someone wants to do something illegal then that is between the two parties. Like shipping it to somene's house! It really doesn't concern me, but it does make the site look bad. You never know who is reading this forum.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom