Ruger SR1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Very mature response. :rolleyes:

And you have had how many constructive posts in this thread? Zero? Thought so... Nice adding the "hole" there, bud, go back to telling the neighbor hood kids to stay off your grass.

Yeah it is just like when the LCP came out. The demand was high, the production was low, and the backlog of orders was ridiculously high, so selling them for MSRP was the norm, which will remain the same until they bump production. After they start putting them on the shelves, they will probably drop to the $700-750 range when places like Academy(Yes, JBP55, I work at Academy, we all know this), Cabela's, BassPro, etc.. all get there hands on them regularly. After the supply starts to meet the demand, I suspect them to fall in the $650-700 range for most retail places (Yes, JBP55, we all know they will be cheaper on the internet when they can get them in stock), which I think would put it in the running as a nice choice of a 1911 in that particular price range. I think Ruger is trying to compete on the same price level as Remington's recent contender release in the R1, as the step up from Rock Island, MetroArms, Taurus, Citadel, Umarex, and the slew of other cheap 1911's, but below the price of most decent 1911's from Colt, Springfield, S&W, etc...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom