Russia sends warship to the Caribbean

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    this is comforting.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4804157.ece

"Peter the Great is armed with 20 nuclear cruise missiles and up to 500 surface-to-air missiles, making it one of the most formidable warships in the world."

"The nuclear-powered flagship Peter the Great set off for Venezuela with the submarine destroyer Admiral Chabanenko and two support vessels in the first Russian naval mission in Latin America since the end of the Cold War."

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I know, I've been following this. I broke out Red Dawn just to study up. First red parachute falls out of the sky I'm shooting. Better not be red cross training.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    You know, this is similar to Red Dawn. Weren;t the Russians partnered with a LAtin American country in that movie?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't remember that part and I just watched it recently. I do remember they came in from the south though. And they went around to gun stores collecting 4473s then went and arrested all the gun owners.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Not that I've seen... This is definately worth watching. Speaking of watching the US should post some satelite shots of the ships down to about 1 foot resolution just to remind them that we are watching.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Not since the Cuban missile crisis have the russians flaunted their military this close to us. Are we going to be "Pearl Harbored" again? Only this time with nukes? As close as they are we could get wiped out while the Pres. and military are all scrambling around trying to give the Wall Streeter's a TRILLION dollars for selling worthless paper.

Heaven help all of us non-elected citizens.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    the US government is basically promoting this and giving it every reason in the world to happen.

Our government is run by a bunch of fucktards, is it really a surprise? Look at the election...look at Congress and the White House.

Pure Fucktardry...

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    In red dawn IIRC the majority of south American countries were on our side. ( Contra)

It was the Russians that wend and chilled with Cuba and i THINK Venezuela.

A nuclear strike is more likely than an "invasion" though.
    (although a strike at all major us cities then an invasion seems more likely)

" Gun behind every blade of grass" :D

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Russians have been doing military exercises all over the world for decades. This might be new territory, but isn't new practice. However, the news will hype it up to seem like the world is falling. Every time a MEU goes out they are trailed by a russian or chinese sub. Heck, we train right off the coast of russia and china. Are we invading? Just a little saber rattling. They are trying to get an ally over here because of what's going on in Poland. Cuba isn't the power house ally russia used to have. Chavez is now. Nothing really new going on.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    The US would be in trouble with the pussyfication of americas young men if Russia decided to come over for a visit. What would their excuse be for not joining the military then since they wont be using the war for oil excuse?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom