S&W model 37 Airweight cracked frame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Hello everyone! I have a S&W 37 Airweight with a crack in the frame under the barrel. Sent it off to S&W and like I thought it's not repairable. I seen this was an issue with this particular model. Matter of fact while doing some research on it and seeing someone talking about it I decided to check mine and sure enough it had a crack. Wondering if anyone on here has had this issue?
    20240822_172704.jpg

shootforfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Slidell
    Was an issue this this one and the Colt Agent. Shooting +P hurt them and firing lots of rounds shortened the life of them. Not sure if they can fix it and that frame is long gone.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Mine
    Barrel was supposedly over tightened on instal?
    They sent a replacement gun to my ffl
    Filled out the 4473, payed the transfer fee, and brought it home

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpeg
      IMG_1674.jpeg
      258.4 KB · Views: 11

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Was an issue this this one and the Colt Agent. Shooting +P hurt them and firing lots of rounds shortened the life of them. Not sure if they can fix it and that frame is long

Was an issue this this one and the Colt Agent. Shooting +P hurt them and firing lots of rounds shortened the life of them. Not sure if they can fix it and that frame is long gone.
    I sent it in to them and they said it was beyond repair. I sure wish I’d have done more research on it before I got it but I’ve wanted a j frame snubnose since I was a kid but I definitely got the wrong model

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Mine
    Barrel was supposedly over tightened on instal?
    They sent a replacement gun to my ffl
    Filled out the 4473, payed the transfer fee, and brought it home
    I sent it n 2 them because I’d read n forums that if they couldn’t fix it they would maybe replace it with with a gun of equal value but they just sent it back 2 me with a letter saying it was beyond repair. They said your barrel was over tightened?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Ok
    I sent it n 2 them because I’d read n forums that if they couldn’t fix it they would maybe replace it with with a gun of equal value but they just sent it back 2 me with a letter saying it was beyond repair. They said your barrel was over tightened?

It has been so long ago I don’t remember how the over tightening came to light. I understand it was a known problem.
    I got a phone call and said it could not be sent back and they would replace
    Call back and I am sure they will make it right

Gregoryca

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    New Orleans
    Ok

It has been so long ago I don’t remember how the over tightening came to light. I understand it was a known problem.
    I got a phone call and said it could not be sent back and they would replace
    Call back and I am sure they will make it right
    I will give it another try tomorrow. Thank u Mickey!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tucck
    Top Bottom