Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, $320 at Classic Arms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is from their "e-blast" newsletter so don't look on the site for this price. You have to call in and ask for the e-blast price.

Item # Saiga.....$319.99

2 or 3 only...................$309.99

Increments of 4 - Factory Master Pack......$299.99 each.

They used to, and probably still do, require an FFL to place the order if it is more than one firearm. I don't know, it's stupid. Here's the text from the email.

saiga165.jpg

"Up until late 2009, one U.S. Importer had a monopoly on all of the Russian Saiga Rifles and Shotguns that came into the U.S. - During this period, the prices on these firearms were fairly stable as the importer had a monopoly and basically controlled the quantity imported and the market pricing.

At some point in late 2009 this importer had a parting of ways with the Russians and the Izhmash factory builders and lost exclusivity to bring these firearms into the U.S.

For a little over a year these firearms were off the U.S. market, but then in late 2010/ early 2011, they started showing up and being imported by a few different importers but with no exclusivity and at much higher prices as the Russians and the importers tried to take advantage of the market desire and recent un-availability of product.

An importer is now in the running to bring these firearms in under their own branding. Their plan , as it has been relayed to us, is to bring these firearms in under their own (very well known ) name, with their own logo stamped in the receivers. If this happens they hope to better control the number of units coming in and have a hand in setting a higher price point and stabilizing the market.

In regards to these guns, the original importers identification markings were still on the firearms, which had already been produced. The new importer doesn't want anything to do with the rifles that have the old import markings on them and , well this is where we were offered a deal too good to turn down.

The new importer is in a hurry to start importing their own logo guns but the factory still had a fairly large batch of the already produced firearms in stock marked for the original importers to move. The new guys want to make a fresh start with new production guns, the factory wants to get rid of these existing guns so they can move on to new production with a fresh importer, and thats where we come in.

We were offered a large quantity of these brand new, never fired, factory boxed Saiga's at a fantastic price. Bottom line is both parties were dumping them so they could proceed to new business... We said - Oh Yeah, Great for us, and great for our customers...

And you as our loyal e-blast fans... get first dibbs."

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They've always been reasonable on shipping on my firearm orders. Remember that you'll probably have to order through the FFL and not just shipped to an FFL.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    The individual prices are shown on their online order list. The 410, 5.45, and .223 are also $320

I think I may pounce on a 5.45x39.

Lets hope the 12-gauge price comes down from the Obama-scare clouds.

I love checking out classic arms but man, their convoluted stories on their price changing and arm shipment acquisitions just ooze of BS.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    The individual prices are shown on their online order list. The 410, 5.45, and .223 are also $320

I love checking out classic arms but man, their convoluted stories on their price changing and arm shipment acquisitions just ooze of BS.

And whoever makes their websites must have just found a computer. I'm by far no genius at web design but damn.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU

Do they have converted saigas in 5.45?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom