Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, $320 at Classic Arms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The price went up. Now it's 429 if buying 4. :mad:

I noted in the first sentence of the original post that this is an email special and you have to call and ask for that price.

bait and switch.. I can't places like that.

Bait and switch is not raising the price. If they offered a Saiga 7.62 (the bait) but then tried to switch you to another rifle, that would be bait and switch.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Is there any difference between the AK47 and a converted saiga?

Yes and no. You have to specify in what regard you mean. They shoot the same bullet and share many of the same parts. However they obviously look different. A Saiga is a "sporterized" Kalashnikov variant, neutered to be importable. But once it's imported you can work on converting it to a more traditional AK. How far you want to take that is up to you. The $4xx conversion that is being offered by Classic is the lowest run on the conversion ladder. K-var carries the Arsenal conversions which are several more steps.

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I'll call tomorrow and get the price plus shipping for 4 ak-47 style rifles and let you know what it is. I've lost track of who is in/out, so we'll figure it out once we have a landed price (minus ffa cost). Mike

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I'll call tomorrow and get the price plus shipping for 4 ak-47 style rifles and let you know what it is. I've lost track of who is in/out, so we'll figure it out once we have a landed price (minus ffa cost). Mike

Just called and spoke to Lisa.
    qty 4 saiga ak-style rifles in 7.62 $399ea
    $45 max to ship the 4 weapons.
    What do you guys think?
    Mike

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd still spend the extra money on the ones Atlantic sells with the AK front end. By the time you paid for all the parts and labor, you still come out ahead and the work is done straight from the factory. As soon as they offer one in 5.45 I'm all over it! :hs:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I'd still spend the extra money on the ones Atlantic sells with the AK front end. By the time you paid for all the parts and labor, you still come out ahead and the work is done straight from the factory. As soon as they offer one in 5.45 I'm all over it! :hs:
    Is that only a cosmetic difference? I think they said the front sight was different but it looked the same to me. :dunno:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom