Saiga 7.62x39 rifles, $320 at Classic Arms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Is that only a cosmetic difference? I think they said the front sight was different but it looked the same to me. :dunno:

It has the true AK front end. AK handguards, and gas block with threads for muzzle brake. That's over $200 in parts Alone you'd spend if you were doing a full conversion. Basically, move the trigger guard and throw on a buttstock and you've got an Arsenal SGL.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'd still spend the extra money on the ones Atlantic sells with the AK front end. By the time you paid for all the parts and labor, you still come out ahead and the work is done straight from the factory. As soon as they offer one in 5.45 I'm all over it! :hs:

Agreed, if you want your rifle to eventually look like an Arsenal AK-100 series then go straight to the Atlantic link. You'll still have to pay for a US fire control group (three parts) and a full US furniture set (3 parts) to be 922r compliant with foreign mags so figure in that additional cost (around $150 total). But if you're OK with the way the conversion Classic carries then that is a good value. Converting the front end is what requires the most work.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    It has the true AK front end. AK handguards, and gas block with threads for muzzle brake. That's over $200 in parts Alone you'd spend if you were doing a full conversion. Basically, move the trigger guard and throw on a buttstock and you've got an Arsenal SGL.
    I like that it comes threaded, but is there any performance difference with the gas block? Or is it just a matter of being "mil-spec"?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Agreed, if you want your rifle to eventually look like an Arsenal AK-100 series then go straight to the Atlantic link. You'll still have to pay for a US fire control group (three parts) and a full US furniture set (3 parts) to be 922r compliant with foreign mags so figure in that additional cost (around $150 total). But if you're OK with the way the conversion Classic carries then that is a good value. Converting the front end is what requires the most work.

Yup. Just depends on what you want the end result to be. For a basic conversion you can't beat the deal from Classic.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm also interested, but since I'm new to AKs I'm just curious if this is a good quality gun. I've read the entire thread and most of the responses indicate it's a good AK but just want one of the members to give me their opinion. Is this a stamped or milled receiver?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the atlantic better. I'm out for this deal and buying the atlantic instead for 60 bucks more.

It's actually $160 more. Classic Arms is $399 for a CONVERTED Saiga. Atlantic is $460 for an unconverted Saiga, but with the AK front end, compared to Classic's $299 unconverted Saiga with standard front end.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    And whoever makes their websites must have just found a computer. I'm by far no genius at web design but damn.

lol, isn't that the truth? What a convoluted mess. I see this on a lot of websites, from pages of ammo that are all lumped together with no sorting by caliber to sites where everything they have is all on the same pages.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom