Saints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Royst

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Slidell
    After today's loss to the Panthers it seems the Saints are a declining football team. These last few weeks of losing to inferior teams show that they just don't have it anymore. I guess our ride is coming to an end.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    $100 million QB that apparently can't be trusted to throw one first down pass with under 2 minutes left and seal the deal. Bad coaching decision, punt and leave it on the defense.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Nobody will address the elephant in the room. That being Brees has been a substandard qb living off of his super bowl run overhype for the last few years. I would say that 75-80% of his passes are poorly thrown to a spot usually behind the receiver. And without a stellar receiver corps, he wouldn't even be getting half the press he gets now. They bail his sorry butt out week after week.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Nobody will address the elephant in the room. That being Brees has been a substandard qb living off of his super bowl run overhype for the last few years. I would say that 75-80% of his passes are poorly thrown to a spot usually behind the receiver. And without a stellar receiver corps, he wouldn't even be getting half the press he gets now. They bail his sorry butt out week after week.

Substandard QB???

Awards
    2004 NFL AP Comeback Player of the Year
    2006 NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year
    2008 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year
    2009 NFL Bert Bell Award (Player of the Year)
    2009 NFL Super Bowl MVP
    2011 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year

Career Passing Yards: 50,419 5th all time

Career TDs: 358 4th all time

Passer Rating: 95.1 7th all time

33 Career game winning drives: 8th all time

And who are these stellar receivers he has surrounding him?

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nope. We have an incredible quarterback being protected by substandard linemen that doesn't play as well outdoors as he does indoors. Even worse in cold or wet.

Also, we lost Hartley in the last week. That had to be a morale hit. Yes, it had to be done but it had to hurt. He was on the superbowl team...

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Drew Brees created this problem with his BLOATED $100M contract. He was sacked six times and put under duress an additional nine times Sunday. Brees hadn't taken more than four sacks in a game this season, and with the 15 dropbacks under pressure were his second most in a game this season.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Sir, I respectfully must inform you; YOU ARE INSANE! :mamoru:

After it's all said and done, Brees will hold almost every major QB record in NFL history. By the numbers alone, he will be the greatest QB that ever played the game; but he will lack the one stat that will be a thorn in his side for the remainder of his life.

Brady's 4 Super Bowls wins.
    Mannings possible 2
    His 1

Cajun Chooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    So Louisiana
    one of the problems with the Saints is Brees.. every team in the league knows he is good for at least 2 interceptions per game.. in a close game 2 interceptions can be the difference between a loss or a win... can you say cough, cough -- "CHOKE" ??

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    one of the problems with the Saints is Brees.. every team in the league knows he is good for at least 2 interceptions per game.. in a close game 2 interceptions can be the difference between a loss or a win... can you say cough, cough -- "CHOKE" ??

Yeah, the slacker....I heard the Saints & Cowboys are working on a trade between Brees & Romo, right now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Now that jimmy graham is always double teamed the saints score less points. That's about it. The league has learned how to shut down the Brees/Graham relationship.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I don't know what math makes 12 ints in 15 games = 2 a game, but if you ever buy something from me I'm counting the money.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Now that jimmy graham is always double teamed the saints score less points. That's about it. The league has learned how to shut down the Brees/Graham relationship.

Were you in the can when Jimmy's hands (and the ball), were 3 feet higher than the safety on him to make the catch? :mamoru:

providince

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sir, I respectfully must inform you; YOU ARE INSANE! :mamoru:

After it's all said and done, Brees will hold almost every major QB record in NFL history. By the numbers alone, he will be the greatest QB that ever played the game; but he will lack the one stat that will be a thorn in his side for the remainder of his life.

Brady's 4 Super Bowls wins.
    Mannings possible 2
    His 1

He is not as good as Rogers, Manning or Brady. Those are just current QB's. He is not close to the greatest QB in NFL history, nowhere close or even in the conversation. He is probably greatest Saints QB but that is it. Please don't take that to mean he is not a great QB, he is. Hyperbole of the greatest ever though does him a disservice. He is great just not at the greatest of all time level.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom