SB118 Set for Final Passage in Senate. Constitutional Carry will need your help!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    JBE is a lame duck so he could veto the bill and really not fear much except any other office he might seek could be more difficult. He's a liberal so anything is possible.

There is the chance this move forward with enough support be might not have veto power though I'm not sure.

Someone I hope can tell us more about that.

It takes 2/3 in both chambers to override a veto in Louisiana. The Senate looks like a lock. The House only needs a few democrats who aren't automaton shills for the DNC and their agenda of BS and black suppression! There are independent minded democrats; just not enough of them in general.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Approximate % of Democrats: Vermont 6, Maine 33, New Hampshire 7.

VT is the home of Bernie Sanders. It is a deep blue state that recently passed an AWB but has had Constitutional Carry forever.

NH is a purple state at best and hasn't voted for a Republican POTUS since 2000. They continue to elect braindead Leftist Dem Senators (that used to be Governors) like Jean Sheheen and Maggie Hassan. The last Repub Senator from NH was Judd Gregg, I believe.

ME is also a blue state. Hasn't voted for a Repub POTUS since Reagan?

Many people in the New England states are registered as "Independent" (just like Bernie) but are extremely left leaning. MA is a great example of this. Many people register as Independent but I assure that it is a deep Blue/Commie State.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    That's funny right there

What risk would that be ???

What are his political aspirations after being Governor? Senator? Not going to be easy winning a state-wide race if he comes across as anti-2A? Didn't he sign a bunch of Pro 2A legislation into law within the last year?

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    There are thousands of new firearm owners, many first time, that need to realize that their rights are at stake and should consider to vote for good legislation like this. It is up to us to kindly help them to enjoy their new purchases, with words of encouragement for safe handling and knowing that contacting and voting for good laws are a benefit to them.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think this is politics as usual! There will be a couple or 3 good democrats that will support this bill because their constituents will demand it. This will make the bill veto proof and will give JBE the good standing the he will need for his run against Kennedy which JBE will lose anyway. Kennedy is doing a good job for Louisiana.

We just need 3 democrats to vote in favor of, so who do you guys think that will be?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    What's everyone thinking? Will this pass? Will it become law? Will the governor veto, sign, or have no say in the matter?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I think it will pass then get vetoed. If it became law do not be surprised that Liberal Run Companies issue public statement that they will no longer do business in Louisiana and Amazon decides not build that Warehouse at the old Cortana Mall.

What's everyone thinking? Will this pass? Will it become law? Will the governor veto, sign, or have no say in the matter?

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think it will pass then get vetoed. If it became law do not be surprised that Liberal Run Companies issue public statement that they will no longer do business in Louisiana and Amazon decides not build that Warehouse at the old Cortana Mall.

Gloomy!

Helmsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    They were supposed to vote yesterday. Someone objected and they moved to the next bill without voting. I'm not familiar with senate procedures so can't tell why.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Let's be honest... Everyone here knows the real reason this could fail. Weekly shootings in the French Quarter and other areas around the city and state doesn't help our cause even though now we need it more than ever!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I have lost all Faith after Biden "Got Elected".....
    Roger that. Same here. Gotta keep trying though.

I think that you are correct. Will pass the Senate and the House and get vetoed by Taco Behl Edwards. The question is is there enough support to override a potential veto? If not, we may be waiting until 2024 for a Governor that will pass it, like UT did.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Let's be honest... Everyone here knows the real reason this could fail. Weekly shootings in the French Quarter and other areas around the city and state doesn't help our cause even though now we need it more than ever!
    Very true. Criminals will criminal regardless of the law. Constitutional Carry makes the most amount sense when society is at its most dangerous, not the opposite

Top Bottom