SBR legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boutdoors

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Lacombe
    Is it legal to buy & own,say plr16,just like any other gun from an individual?Or are there restrictions on sbr's like on silencers or full auto?Never had any interest in these so i have no idea of legalities for them.Looks like for me the gun itch has become a full blown systemic infection.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yes, SBRs fall under the NFA category, and it will need to be properly transferred accordingly, along with the $200 theft st....I mean, TAX stamp.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Is it legal to buy & own,say plr16,just like any other gun from an individual?Or are there restrictions on sbr's like on silencers or full auto?Never had any interest in these so i have no idea of legalities for them.Looks like for me the gun itch has become a full blown systemic infection.
    plr16 is a pistol so yes if you can buy and own a pistol you can buy a plr16 from an individual.

If someone has a plr16 pistol with a stock on it they should have a tax stamp already for it to be an SBR. You can buy an SBR, full auto, and silencers from an individual in state. You must do all state and fed paperwork and have your tax stamp from the NFA branch of the ATF in hand before you can take the gun from them. If buying from a person out of state someone would need to pay the 200$ stamp to get it to a class 3 dealer in your state and then you would pay another 200$ stamp to get it from the dealer along with any transfer fees that dealer charges.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?42-Class-III

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    So if i understand this right if it has no stock it its just another pistol?

Correct. Go to google and type in "draco" and "ar15 pistol" all these guns look like their rifle counterparts but without a stock are classified as a pistol. One thing to note is you cannot put a forward grip on a pistol without going through additional paperwork.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom