Scammed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pwall

Premium Member
    Mar 27, 2024
    Denham Springs
    I also did respond to him when I was able to to let him know that I would discuss this with him. Since he’s posting pictures, I am also now having to defend myself. And also letting him know with him backing out, it put me in a bad position. I didn’t have time to explain it in detail but with telling others it was sold, and also (my fault) making a purchase on another gun thinking this was a done deal.

Attachments

• IMG_7899.jpeg
      IMG_7899.jpeg
      747.6 KB · Views: 67

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    After comparing the photo he sent me with what was posted in the sales thread, it is clear that the pistol shows more wear than advertised. I did not notice this until I investigated further while uploading evidence here. I received a response from him at today at 11:57 am, but have not heard anything else from him. Given the circumstances, I no longer wish to deal with this user and have informed him of this through text messages.
    I'm going to get the jump on Perez and call out that you are now changing your story. In your OP you said that you couldn't make it to BR for pickup. Now you are saying you decided you don't want the pistola.

Rudy

Premium Member
    Apr 17, 2024
    I'm going to get the jump on Perez and call out that you are now changing your story. In your OP you said that you couldn't make it to BR for pickup. Now you are saying you decided you don't want the pistola.
    Where am I changing my story sir? You are correct, I don't want the pistol now, considering all of this. I had to make this forum post to get this guy to respond to me. Why would I want to deal with him at this point? The pistol, as shown sent to me via texts, has the Bul Armory text on the rail completely gone, but his sales thread shows the text all there in bold white. Like I said above, this is not the same condition as shown in the sales thread photos. Would you still want to meet with this guy after having to go through all this just to get a response?

Link to sales thread: https://www.bayoushooter.com/threads/bul-armory-ul-sasii-3-25”.221270/

Photo he sent me:

IMG_7894.jpeg

Last edited:

Pwall

Premium Member
    Mar 27, 2024
    Denham Springs
    I agree with most of your points. I mentioned those credentials because I am proud to have served my country and state as a African American male. When incidents like this occur on a dedicated forum with like-minded individuals, it is very disheartening, as I previously mentioned. After comparing the photo he sent me with what was posted in the sales thread, it is clear that the pistol shows more wear than advertised. I did not notice this until I investigated further while uploading evidence here. I received a response from him at today at 11:57 am, but have not heard anything else from him. Given the circumstances, I no longer wish to deal with this user and have informed him of this through text messages. Since the $600 was only a hold for our deal time to meet today, and since there will be no deal of any sort with this user, I have requested a refund of those funds. Why would this user think he's entitled to keep those funds?

Highly agree with this as well. Transaction was never complete. The $600 was sent to hold a time to meet today to proceed with the transaction. Why would he keep my entire $600? Like I mentioned I noticed the wear to the frame and on top of all of this am no longer interested in dealing with this user.

Correct, to hold it. I sent you $600 to hold it for our deal today only. If I am not able to meet you, and considering all of this now, I am confirming to never deal with you. Why would you think it is okay to keep my full $600? I do not want to proceed in dealing with you, as mentioned through text and here. You claimed you had two other individuals who were readily able to purchase it. I do not understand why you are making us go through this over my funds.

And in what world do you think keeping half is ok? Like you're mentioning here the sales threads photos and photos sent to me via text show the letters faded. If I met you either way I would have not proceeded as this not what's shown for sale in your sales thread. Like the admin is stating, until a transaction is complete either party can back out. Did we agree on any back out fee or anything like that? No, so why do you think you deserve to keep half of the funds that I sent you for what we agreed on which was to simply hold a time slot for me and you to meet you?
    What picture are you seeing that the letters aren’t faded? Every single picture I have of the pistol, and they are time stamped, are of the SAME pistol with the same faded lettering on the front slide. I’m literally looking at my sales post and the pics I sent you last night. Same one! Now that someone has mentioned something like this you want to use that as an excuse that you would have backed out? Cmon man.. this is getting ridiculous. And in what world that retiring at least half of your money to make up for the loss YOU cost me, I think is fair and NOT keeping all of it as this was a deposit to hold for you! Any deposits I have put down (it hasn’t been many) on something and I didn’t come thru, I lost! This exact thing happened to me 2 months ago where I gave someone $300 deposit to hold it for me, and I couldn’t make it up to him to pick it up. We both agreed that he kept the deposit be seen he did miss out on selling it to silence else and I didn’t even argue or get upset, or call him a scammer. This is exactly one of the reasons why I told you last night on the phone I don’t do deposits and do a first come first serve but you were adamant about wanting it, and me not selling it to anyone else. I just sold the pistol because I have to get the money back into the bank to cover the purchase I made earlier this morning. I will be refunding you $300 this evening.

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Correct, I don't want the pistol now, considering all of this. I had to make this forum post to get this guy to respond to me. Why would I want to deal with him at this point? The pistol, as shown sent to me via texts, has the Bul Armory text on the rail completely gone, but his sales thread shows the text all there in bold white. Like I said above, this is not the same condition as shown in the sales thread photos. Would you still want to meet with this guy after having to go through all this just to get a response?

>Unfortunately, I am now unable to complete the deal as I cannot make it to Baton Rouge. I have asked him to return my $600 hold for >the gun, but he has not responded.
    What you are saying is inconsistent with your original statement, marked by the >>.

In your OP, you just said you can't make it. Nothing about canceling the deal because of wear. I see wear in both pics, just looks like more wear in the texted pic. I would attribute that to lighting changes and would have asked about it if I was so concerned about it. You certainly could have asked him about it or said, Hey, I don't like the wear on it so I want to cancel the deal. I don't see any of that in your text thread.

Pwall

Premium Member
    Mar 27, 2024
    Denham Springs
    I am an Army veteran also. And in our world, our words have always been our bond.
    I would like for this posting to be taken down as it’s titled “scammed by Pwall” and I clearly did not scam this guy. In his message this morning to me (which he provided) did not state he backed out because the letters were “faded”. I have agreed to return to him $300 to make up for the loss I took for him backing out, calling me a scammer, and now clearly making up stuff as to why he backed out. I have never in all the years dealing with anyone had to go through something like this, and never had any negative feedback. I have mostly gone beyond for people I deal with to ensure a good transaction between both parties.

Rudy

Premium Member
    Apr 17, 2024
    What picture are you seeing that the letters aren’t faded? Every single picture I have of the pistol, and they are time stamped, are of the SAME pistol with the same faded lettering on the front slide. I’m literally looking at my sales post and the pics I sent you last night. Same one! Now that someone has mentioned something like this you want to use that as an excuse that you would have backed out? Cmon man.. this is getting ridiculous. And in what world that retiring at least half of your money to make up for the loss YOU cost me, I think is fair and NOT keeping all of it as this was a deposit to hold for you! Any deposits I have put down (it hasn’t been many) on something and I didn’t come thru, I lost! This exact thing happened to me 2 months ago where I gave someone $300 deposit to hold it for me, and I couldn’t make it up to him to pick it up. We both agreed that he kept the deposit be seen he did miss out on selling it to silence else and I didn’t even argue or get upset, or call him a scammer. This is exactly one of the reasons why I told you last night on the phone I don’t do deposits and do a first come first serve but you were adamant about wanting it, and me not selling it to anyone else. I just sold the pistol because I have to get the money back into the bank to cover the purchase I made earlier this morning. I will be refunding you $300 this evening.
    Your sales thread photos and the photo you sent my show two different pictures. The pictures on your sales thread show the Bul Armory text in white on the frame all there. Yes, there is some fainting on the sales thread photo, but in the pic you sent right before we were scheduled to meet it clearly shows to be more worn than your sales thread photos. This coupled with me not being able to meet you is why I no longer want the pistol sir. I did not cost you any lost as their was legally no transaction made, you agreed to take my hold deposit to secure a time for us to meet and proceed with the transaction. As the admin stated there is no transaction done and any user can back out as we did not agree on anything further on this.

What you are saying is inconsistent with your original statement, marked by the >>.

In your OP, you just said you can't make it. Nothing about canceling the deal because of wear. I see wear in both pics, just looks like more wear in the texted pic. I would attribute that to lighting changes and would have asked about it if I was so concerned about it. You certainly could have asked him about it or said, Hey, I don't like the wear on it so I want to cancel the deal. I don't see any of that in your text thread.
    Can you read where I said this in the first page? "After comparing the photo he sent me with what was posted in the sales thread, it is clear that the pistol shows more wear than advertised. I did not notice this until I investigated further while uploading evidence here." Like I mentioned, I did not notice it until I was uploading this to the forum to support my claim. You're right, this was not my initial reason for backing out, I simply could not make it to BR and the hold was for our time today at 3pm. As I went to uploading everything here is when I further noticed this and added it to support as another reason why I would not be dealing with the user.

Via text photos:

IMG_7894.jpeg

Sales thread photos:
    IMG_1259.jpegIMG_1258.jpeg

Rudy

Premium Member
    Apr 17, 2024
    I am an Army veteran also. And in our world, our words have always been our bond.
    I would like for this posting to be taken down as it’s titled “scammed by Pwall” and I clearly did not scam this guy. In his message this morning to me (which he provided) did not state he backed out because the letters were “faded”. I have agreed to return to him $300 to make up for the loss I took for him backing out, calling me a scammer, and now clearly making up stuff as to why he backed out. I have never in all the years dealing with anyone had to go through something like this, and never had any negative feedback. I have mostly gone beyond for people I deal with to ensure a good transaction between both parties.
    And can we please stop with the gaslighting. You and I have not agreed on anything, and I have not received anything from you, sir.

Pwall

Premium Member
    Mar 27, 2024
    Denham Springs
    Gaslighting now.. oh good lord. Look when k get off in a few hours, I’ll refund the $300 as I stated and NOT keep your $600. Now the human side of me, this is just pissing me off with everything you’re saying, calling me a scammer, going back and forth changing your story. Even after I told you I was at work and would reply back to you when I get free, you still come here and call me a scammer. I am
    Now done with this conversation.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Easy and honorable out for both parties in my humble opinion:

1. Rudy could make the most of his expenditure if he paid for FFL and shipping to purchase the pistol. Seller would benefit from the original sale price in his pocket, done deal,

2. Come to a percentage agreement on the deposit and no sale. I realize much douchery has occurred, but 50% of the deposit comes with 50% of the douchery in my book and I can’t speak for everyone here, but it would be an easy nope for me ever dealing with the seller at that point. Perhaps a fair restocking fee? We have business owners here who could help the seller come to a fair amount for his trouble. 10% maybe? 60 bucks for a little trouble and I get to keep all the corners on my man card. I could deal with that.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    And can we please stop with the gaslighting. You and I have not agreed on anything, and I have not received anything from you, sir.
    This is pretty eventful for your first posts here.
    I guess this is kind of an intro. I sure wont forget you.

Edit:
    I forgot to add. Listing your "credentials" is absurd and has nothing to do with this. Not sure what you are trying to say by adding them.

twinin

May 5, 2017
    Houma
    This seems easy to me

1. Pwall not a scammer
    2. Meet up another time when both can meet. Shouldn't be a rush because one already got his $600. OP should try to close the deal ASAP because he is out some money and wants the item bad. Easy solution. Move on.
    3. If either or both don't want to do it after this, you should give him the entire $600 back. Leave negative feedback after so everyone else on here knows who to ignore and avoid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom