Scammed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This thread has been closed. If anyone has an issue or a question regarding this, you are welcome to pm me directly.

I contacted this user @Pwall about purchasing his Bul Armory UL SAS II 3.25” for $1,600. He told me he had two other individuals who were also interested in purchasing it, but it would go to whoever paid first. I asked him how we could secure our deal since I would be driving from Shreveport and did not want to make the trip for nothing. He suggested I put a hold on the gun by sending $600 via Cashapp, with the remaining $1,000 to be paid when we met in person.

At this point, you two had come to an agreement. You would pay a deposit to hold it and would pay the balance when you met in person. Based on your texts, you were already coming to BR on Thursday. You moved the trip up for the sale. Not being able to meet today does not mean you no longer have business in the area.

Unfortunately, I am now unable to complete the deal as I cannot make it to Baton Rouge.

Here you are saying you cannot complete the deal because you cannot make it to Baton Rouge.

I have asked him to return my $600 hold for the gun, but he has not responded. As a retired law enforcement officer and navy veteran, it is disheartening to encounter individuals like this in our community. I posted my experience here and will post on other forums where he is a member, in the hopes that he will do the right thing and refund me before I am forced to dispute the transaction with my bank.

Link to sales thread: https://www.bayoushooter.com/threads/bul-armory-ul-sasii-3-25”.221270/

Screenshot of onsite deal confirmation:

You may want to check the terms of service. The bank is usually not involved in transactions through apps like cashapp.

I sent him $600 to hold the gun since 2 other individuals were ahead of me to purchase it. It was only to hold it as he confirmed in the screenshotted messages. Since there is no need to hold it anymore for me since I’m unable to meet, he needs to send my funds back.

The $600 was not simply to hold the gun. The $600 was part of the purchase price with the balance due upon your meeting.

Would also add that the pictures in the sales thread show a different gun than shown in our messages. In the picture he sends me below the Bul Amory lettering near the light rail is fading away almost gone, but on the sales thread pictures it’s fully there.

As stated, the guns in both pictures are the same gun. The fading/wear of the letters show that as the fading/wear is in the same spot in each picture. The only difference between the two is the lighting. And even if they were different guns, you are buying a make and model, not a specific gun with a specific serial number. As long as the gun you are presented with matches the description, the seller is good to go.

I agree with most of your points. I mentioned those credentials because I am proud to have served my country and state as a African American male.

Neither your credentials or your race have any bearing on this issue.

When incidents like this occur on a dedicated forum with like-minded individuals, it is very disheartening, as I previously mentioned. After comparing the photo he sent me with what was posted in the sales thread, it is clear that the pistol shows more wear than advertised. I did not notice this until I investigated further while uploading evidence here. I received a response from him at today at 11:57 am, but have not heard anything else from him. Given the circumstances, I no longer wish to deal with this user and have informed him of this through text messages. Since the $600 was only a hold for our deal time to meet today, and since there will be no deal of any sort with this user, I have requested a refund of those funds. Why would this user think he's entitled to keep those funds?

Again, the $600 was part of the purchase. It was not simply a hold.

Highly agree with this as well. Transaction was never complete. The $600 was sent to hold a time to meet today to proceed with the transaction. Why would he keep my entire $600? Like I mentioned I noticed the wear to the frame and on top of all of this am no longer interested in dealing with this user.

Wear was not a factor until this post.

Correct, to hold it. I sent you $600 to hold it for our deal today only.

This is not mentioned in the conversation. You had plans to meet today but nothing was said about the deposit having an expiration.

If I am not able to meet you, and considering all of this now, I am confirming to never deal with you. Why would you think it is okay to keep my full $600? I do not want to proceed in dealing with you, as mentioned through text and here. You claimed you had two other individuals who were readily able to purchase it. I do not understand why you are making us go through this over my funds.

And in what world do you think keeping half is ok? Like you're mentioning here the sales threads photos and photos sent to me via text show the letters faded. If I met you either way I would have not proceeded as this not what's shown for sale in your sales thread. Like the admin is stating, until a transaction is complete either party can back out. Did we agree on any back out fee or anything like that? No, so why do you think you deserve to keep half of the funds that I sent you for what we agreed on which was to simply hold a time slot for me and you to meet.

He had buyers interested in paying a certain price. If those other buyers are only willing to pay less than that price, why should he nave a financial loss after you backed out of the deal? I can't say I see it as unfair for the difference to come from the deposit as it was your actions, not his, that lowered the price others were willing to pay.

Where am I changing my story sir? You are correct, I don't want the pistol now, considering all of this. I had to make this forum post to get this guy to respond to me.

No, you chose to make this post. He was working. It's unfair to not give him time to respond.

Why would I want to deal with him at this point? The pistol, as shown sent to me via texts, has the Bul Armory text on the rail completely gone, but his sales thread shows the text all there in bold white. Like I said above, this is not the same condition as shown in the sales thread photos.

It's the same gun under different lighting.

Would you still want to meet with this guy after having to go through all this just to get a response?

Link to sales thread: https://www.bayoushooter.com/threads/bul-armory-ul-sasii-3-25”.221270/

Photo he sent me:
    Your sales thread photos and the photo you sent my show two different pictures. The pictures on your sales thread show the Bul Armory text in white on the frame all there. Yes, there is some fainting on the sales thread photo, but in the pic you sent right before we were scheduled to meet it clearly shows to be more worn than your sales thread photos. This coupled with me not being able to meet you is why I no longer want the pistol sir.

Now you're adding the wear as a reason for backing out of the deal even though you didn't notice the imagined wear until well after backing out. This is why people are saying you are changing your story.

I did not cost you any lost as their was legally no transaction made, you agreed to take my hold deposit to secure a time for us to meet and proceed with the transaction. As the admin stated there is no transaction done and any user can back out as we did not agree on anything further on this.

He's also entitled to recoup any loss due to your actions. This right here is why people have a first come first serve policy and despise holding items.

Can you read where I said this in the first page? "After comparing the photo he sent me with what was posted in the sales thread, it is clear that the pistol shows more wear than advertised. I did not notice this until I investigated further while uploading evidence here." Like I mentioned, I did not notice it until I was uploading this to the forum to support my claim. You're right, this was not my initial reason for backing out, I simply could not make it to BR and the hold was for our time today at 3pm. As I went to uploading everything here is when I further noticed this and added it to support as another reason why I would not be dealing with the user.

I'm sure the user would be highly reluctant to do business with you as well. In fact, I'd bet there are a number of users on here you won't have to worry about doing business with.

Via text photos:

Sales thread photos:
    And can we please stop with the gaslighting. You and I have not agreed on anything, and I have not received anything from you, sir.

This issue is a civil matter and does not involve this board. Based on your repeating false claims you should discuss the issue directly with the other party rather than through the board.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom