Serious question stemming from the Security Gaurd thread.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Seems like the rare time I get someone else's stuff put in my bags is much rarer than when I end up a bag short when I get home :(

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    The practice mildly annoys me, but then I remember it's not their fault. They have a job to do since there are so many F'n thieves out there, the real blame is on the theives, not the employee. I've never had any of them harass me and I offer my receipt with a smile and greeting, and usually it takes 5 seconds before I'm on my way...

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Too many people steal crap from Walmart... Working in electronics, I will find torn open headphones (expensive ones like $150), I have heard of them breaking the glass display cases to get at the Ipads... Anything that is value that is not locked down will be gone, and even those that are locked down disapear quite often... Now I do have to say one thing... and that is when I worked in WA they stole way way more ****!! Down here its not nearly as bad... In WA I watched as a gentlemen in a poofy winter jacket was tackled and shampoo containers went off in every direction, He had at least a dozen of them in there! We even had a lady yelling "Get the gun!" as she was being detained by security for trying to push out a cart of unpaid crap... I was thoughly entertained by them...

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Correct, money lost through theft equates to higher prices. Walmart's methods of reducing theft in turn help keep prices lower. So if you choose to shop there because it's cheaper, stop and thank the barely alive senior citizen checking your receipt.

Or just quit whining and shop somewhere else if you don't like it.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    There are several ways to avoid having to show your receipt upon exiting Wal-Mart. Some can be funny, some can be courteous, some can be down right nasty and mean. You have to decide how to best handle the situation for yourself.

Think on this for a while: Isn't is strange that a place so worried about theft has to ask you for a receipt when exiting their store, but will let you return just about anything WITHOUT a receipt? Interesting, don't ya think?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Think on this for a while: Isn't is strange that a place so worried about theft has to ask you for a receipt when exiting their store, but will let you return just about anything WITHOUT a receipt? Interesting, don't ya think?

People lose receipts, why wouldn't they? And for the record you can only do it three times without a receipt in a certain time period (I think 12 months). I know because an old neighbor used to steal **** and then return it. He got arrested on the third try. :o

Maybe I'm just missing it, but what's the conspiracy here?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    People lose receipts, why wouldn't they? And for the record you can only do it three times without a receipt in a certain time period (I think 12 months). I know because an old neighbor used to steal **** and then return it. He got arrested on the third try. :o

Maybe I'm just missing it, but what's the conspiracy here?
    Never said there was a conspiracy, just thought it was an interesting fact.
    I've actually seen some numb-nut return an entertainment center that was half way put together. He was in front of me in the customer service line and had the thing straddling between two shopping carts. No receipt, no box or even a part of the box. I don't remember the reason he gave the employee behind the counter but they gave him a store credit. Even if the manufacturer of the entertainment center gave Wal-Mart credit for the thing, it still cost Wal-Mart money for having to deal with it.
    Once again, no conspiracy implied, just an observation.

Top Bottom