Shame shame shame!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    You know what's worse than all these high ammo prices and the people that sell them?

It's all these morons that are actually buying them and paying these crazy prices!

PERPETUATING A FRAUD!!

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    To save everyone typing out everything for the second time, can we just link back to this one:

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...le-are-stupid-enough-to-pay-outrageous-prices

I've been off the grid with this site except for a couple of sell or buy posts last few months.
    I'm just airing my displeasure with all that's going on in the guns and ammo world.

Luckily, I have been smart enough to buy ammo over the years to avoid stupidity like this. Sometimes I can't help but think that all the knowledgeable people on this site can stoop to bottom feeder levels to make a quick buck in times when nobody is making any.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You know what's worse than all these high ammo prices and the people that sell them?

It's all these morons that are actually buying them and paying these crazy prices!

PERPETUATING A FRAUD!!
    Not to disagree with you, but if gas started going up a couple bucks per gallon every day, would you not fill up your tank ASAP? If people feel like they need something and it becomes harder and harder to find and the prices are rising they begin to fear that they won’t be able to secure the item and will indeed pay through the nose. I find it hard to fault anyone who does what they believe they need to in the way of securing what they believe they need, as long as they’re not victimizing another person in the process.
    I also don’t feel much in the way of sympathy for those who scamper at the last minute and pay out the nose when they had every opportunity to secure something at a very reasonable price before things got out of hand. Neither situation affects me unless I allow it.
    I don’t think deciding to pay the price for anything you want bad enough is purposefully perpetuating anything. Who am I to deny someone what they believe they need though...

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    due to work being slow ive had to sell off much of my ammo. i sure as **** was not going to sell it at the price i paid for it. especially since i needed to catch up on bills.
    i will say i did not have it priced so high it didnt wait around, it was gone in a day.
    if i could have waited 2 months i could easily have nearly doubled my money with no issues, and not feel like i was an ass.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    due to work being slow ive had to sell off much of my ammo. i sure as **** was not going to sell it at the price i paid for it. especially since i needed to catch up on bills.
    i will say i did not have it priced so high it didnt wait around, it was gone in a day.
    if i could have waited 2 months i could easily have nearly doubled my money with no issues, and not feel like i was an ass.

Sorry to hear Troy. Hope you’re able to get back on track soon man. I wouldn’t feel bad if I was selling ammo or anything else at the going rate, no matter what the going rate is. For years I’ve shopped for ammo online, mostly watching ammoseek.com. I’m looking at prices and availability and if I needed ammo that I couldn’t find cheaper anywhere else at the moment in the quantity I wanted guess where I’d buy it and what I’d pay for it. I’d buy it from whoever had it in stock for the best price. If 5.56 is going for a buck per round online and a member here is offering part of his stash (that he bothered to buy whenever at whatever price) for 75 cents per round, guess where I’m spending my money.
    I don’t buy any of the ‘shame on them’ pissing and moaning. Anyone providing ammo at better than the going rate prices is not a part of the problem. They are a source for ammo. They’re not ripping anyone off. They’re turning their efforts and preparation into fruit. They’re sacrificing part of their ammo security for payment, less payment than the vast majority of retailers are demanding. Anyone griping about Sambeaux selling 9mm FMJ for 60 cents per round right now out of his own stash most likely wouldn’t sell any of theirs for less than that. Sambeaux is not the problem. Neither are the people buying Sambeaux’s ammo. After all, they ain’t buying ammo from the retailers and keeping the demand up now are they...
    Being a sour puss and attempting to guilt someone out of turning a profit on something that’s in high demand ain’t helping anyone. It ain’t helping the situation. Anyone who thinks a price is too high at a retailer usually just doesn’t buy from said retailer, so why all the gripes at someone like Sambeaux? Ya ever think that somebody might be glad Sambeaux had that case of 9mm stashed out just for them? I paid a solid member here more for a FN pistol recently than I ever saw it sell online for and I was glad to get the exact pistol I wanted, but didn’t try harder to purchase last year when it was readily available at sale prices. I thought I might not find a new one and I saw the crazy prices on Gun Broker and gritted my teeth for a while til I asked here and someone contacted me. I paid about $100 more than I would have spent last year, but I didn’t follow through last year and that was nobody’s fault but mine. So when this guy delivered that pistol to me at my job I humbly thanked him and gladly paid him what he asked. You wanna talk about shameful? Shameful ain’t making a profit from your planning. Shameful is griping at others for the price you pay for your own shortcomings.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    What ammo do you have for sale and for how much? The way I see it the only way to actively combat high ammo prices is to sell yours off for cheap... preferably to me

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Several gun shops and ranges are selling ammo for double the price that we are seeing in ads online. For example, there are several ads selling 9mm for .50 to .60 a round, but several ranges and gun shops are selling it for $1.20 a round.

Those of you who are mad at private sellers should be marching on the ranges and shops with torches right?

Get mad at the market all you want! If you want our economic system to be Capitalist, then you have to accept the good with the bad.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    just come from cabelas and was stocking up 9mm, 45acp, 556 by the 1000's

have a limit of 5 boxs per caliber per person

20- 500 round 9mm boxs
    25+ -50 round 9mm boxs
    20 50 round 45acp
    200+ of 160 round 556 green tips

all for standard cabelas pricing

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

have a limit of 5 boxs per caliber per person

20- 500 round 9mm boxs
    25+ -50 round 9mm boxs
    20 50 round 45acp
    200+ of 160 round 556 green tips

That’s awesome. And likely to be gone in about... oh wait...

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola

Thanks for the heads up man, nice to see you shouting out some deals on here. This must be the one message board on the internet that doesn't have people sharing in stock items on a deal thread but seems full of soccer moms who like making threads and multiple posts complaining about the private ads.

Last edited:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I bumped into some azz holes buying ammo from one of the stores. Bringing three family members to get each 3 boxes...I just know that azz hole is reselling it at an inflated price.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Guns, ammo, real estate, stocks are all equities regulated by the laws of supply and demand, traded in primary and secondary markets and are somewhat impacted by regulation.

Things are worth what the market will bear. Ammo is pretty easy to track the price of on several search engines, until there isn't enough to meet market demand. There is no point at being mad at this.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Guns, ammo, real estate, stocks are all equities regulated by the laws of supply and demand, traded in primary and secondary markets and are somewhat impacted by regulation.

Things are worth what the market will bear. Ammo is pretty easy to track the price of on several search engines, until there isn't enough to meet market demand. There is no point at being mad at this.
    funnily enough, ive never made money on selling a gun. ive bought and sold dozens, i like to try new /odd stuff, unfortunately the stuff i buy rarely has a large resale market, or dont hold their value well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom