Sheriff won't sign Class III paperwork

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJC

Newbie Scumbag
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Metry
    The only reason you'll get denied for charge is if the charge is still pending. EX: You get arrested after you fill out paperwork and examiner find out you have pending felony charges.

Basically, from what I've been told if you're truthfully filling out your 4473's and they're letting you take your guns home, you will be approved by the NFA. My friend has several stamps and he said 'If they approve me, they aren't very strict' so I just took that for what it's worth.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Curious about this as well. Does expunged truly mean expunged?

When it's expunged, just the details are missing. There is still a "shell record" there. Anyone that knows what they're looking at will know it was an expunged record. Really means jack though to me in the line of work. Doubt very seriously it will be an issue with atf.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    When it's expunged, just the details are missing. There is still a "shell record" there. Anyone that knows what they're looking at will know it was an expunged record. Really means jack though to me in the line of work. Doubt very seriously it will be an issue with atf.

I had some juvenile charges, but never convicted of any felonies or misdemeanors punishable by more than 1 year in prison.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    It is awesome when the CLEO takes it upon himself to make a decision as to whether you can have a class 3 item. It isn't up to you, Jackass! All they are doing is verifying that the name and fingerprints belong to you. The constitution gives you permission, not his dumbass.

With a trust, you have the ability to add anyone you want to the trust without a background check. How stupid do you have to be to get elected?
    Paxton is not elected.. the sherrif is, and he hired paxton.. Paxton does what he does , he did it to me.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    +1 for Mouthpiece. Set up a trust for the wife and me.

Out of pure curiosity, about how much does setting up a trust cost and do you already have an NFA item on order? I would like to set one up for when I'm ready to purchase a suppressor or a class III weapon.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    A trust costs the price of a notary stamp once it is written. I copied a friend's gun trust that was set up specifically as a gun trust and just had it notarized last time I saw my lawyer so it didn't cost me anything. Depends upon how much of the paperwork you have already done with the item on order. If it is still being transferred from the mfg to the class 3 dealer here, I wouldn't think it would be a big deal to transfer to a trust instead of holding it personally. Once the paperwork is done, it is another $200 tax stamp. I am going to transfer some stuff I own in the name of an LLC into my trust so I don't have to keep paying the $25 every year for the LLC.

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I do not know anyting about NFA but in my experience with past charges you may just have to provide the disposition of your charges. I would include what you have with your request to move things along. A lot of times the charges arent updated by the state or parish in NCIC so all they will see is what you were charged with and when. So they have to contact the parish to find out what the end result was. This is why i have been working on getting the required paperwork to get the state to update/ correct an issue I had in NCIC but thats just my experience.

Top Bottom