Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Sucks. I only met him one time and I am sure he was just as nice and helpful as the rest of the staff there. Prayers to his wife and kids.
    The second deceased victim wasn't an employee?

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    Sucks. I only met him one time and I am sure he was just as nice and helpful as the rest of the staff there. Prayers to his wife and kids.
    The second deceased victim wasn't an employee?

She was a customer from Belle Chase. The name and age were printed in the article.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    and this is how all the damn riots happen. False damn narratives by people that weren’t even there. I hope the video shows the true nature of her *good son* and lets her know he is directly responsible for those deaths and his own....

she will still deny it, call it a conspiracy, and blame it on race. It had nothing to do with him being a criminal doper, raised by a criminal doper.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As tragic and sad as this event truly is; remember to take something away from this:

You are NEVER truly safe just because you have weapons on you or near you; or because you are in a gun store, or a police precinct, or an army base, etc.... This pile of sh1t either made a conscious or (sub-conscious), decision on the spot to murder people in cold blood or was premeditating murder beforehand. Nonetheless, he "apparently" was able to start a commotion and draw attention to himself as a firearms rules violator in a gun range/store with a suspected "loaded" firearm, and still got the drop on the innocent clerk (whom I will guess was also locked and loaded).

I am glad the murderer was killed quickly before he could kill others. I am not at all surprised that the ignorant mother of this scumbag is pretending her demon spawn was not capable of this despicable act. When do they ever admit it? I'm afraid her repugnant statements are contrived and on purpose to set up a wrongful death lawsuit. When are they not, nowadays.

It is terrible to even conceive what I am about to type, but these poor innocent victims (Mr. Fischbach and Mrs. Billiot), will not be in the ground and properly memorialized before this dog sh*ts' relatives pursue the lawsuits. Let's hope any suits are immediately denied.

Nonetheless, we must watch how this shooting unfolds both criminally and civily. We all think (myself included), that in this situation, I too would have opened fired on said shitbag in this scenario. However, if these heroes are sued, or worse; charged for something beyond their understanding, it will not only be insulting, but very damaging to the ideal of protecting the innocent.

Condolences to the families of the innocents! Let's hope this all turns out like we anticipate.

Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    As tragic and sad as this event truly is; remember to take something away from this:

You are NEVER truly safe just because you have weapons on you or near you; or because you are in a gun store, or a police precinct, or an army base, etc.... This pile of sh1t either made a conscious or (sub-conscious), decision on the spot to murder people in cold blood or was premeditating murder beforehand. Nonetheless, he "apparently" was able to start a commotion and draw attention to himself as a firearms rules violator in a gun range/store with a suspected "loaded" firearm, and still got the drop on the innocent clerk (whom I will guess was also locked and loaded).

I am glad the murderer was killed quickly before he could kill others. I am not at all surprised that the ignorant mother of this scumbag is pretending her demon spawn was not capable of this despicable act. When do they ever admit it? I'm afraid her repugnant statements are contrived and on purpose to set up a wrongful death lawsuit. When are they not, nowadays.

It is terrible to even conceive what I am about to type, but these poor innocent victims (Mr. Fischbach and Mrs. Billiot), will not be in the ground and properly memorialized before this dog sh*ts' relatives pursue the lawsuits. Let's hope any suits are immediately denied.

Nonetheless, we must watch how this shooting unfolds both criminally and civily. We all think (myself included), that in this situation, I too would have opened fired on said shitbag in this scenario. However, if these heroes are sued, or worse; charged for something beyond their understanding, it will not only be insulting, but very damaging to the ideal of protecting the innocent.

Condolences to the families of the innocents! Let's hope this all turns out like we anticipate.

im confident you just spoke for everyone on the forum with those words.... very well said sir....

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yea..... as soon as I heard, I sent him a text and haven't heard back..... Someone else filled me in.

Not sure if y’all were close but I know he loved your Glocks, he talked positive about you with me on a few occasions.

Over the years I’ve met a bunch of employees there and he was one of the many good ones. Every time I walked in he always had that smile, he always had something cool to show me either his or something the shop got in. He had good taste in knives and guns and always a positive attitude. I’m just at a loss for words ATM this is just heartbreaking.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess next is the Go Fund Me for the shooter,
    followed by the call of racist shooters, politician's calls for more gun control, too many black men be dying, and last but not least BLM and protesting in N.O.
    There is a sub culture in our country and it is like a cancer killing all of us.
    Prayers for the victims and all who saw this and are affected by this senseless act.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I pray this isn’t a pattern starting to happen. There was the incident in I believe Arizona a week or two ago. The spin doctors will be spooling this up I’m sure. So very tragic, disgusting and sad. Prayers for the victims families.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Heard about this around noon today while in a LGS on the Northshore while speaking with the owner.
    Shocking to hear about this and learning some of the details.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    I hope portions of the video that show whoever was at fault are released to the public, because anyone who's dumb enough to draw in a gun shop and fire a warning shot, deserves to removed from the breeding pool... on another topic, I still can't believe the settlement that Alton Stirling's family got out of his deal... these people will probably seek same

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not sure if y’all were close but I know he loved your Glocks, he talked positive about you with me on a few occasions.

Over the years I’ve met a bunch of employees there and he was one of the many good ones. Every time I walked in he always had that smile, he always had something cool to show me either his or something the shop got in. He had good taste in knives and guns and always a positive attitude. I’m just at a loss for words ATM this is just heartbreaking.

Two of my glocks were his personal glocks. He knew I was a sucker for a glock. So when he had an extra or no longer needed one of his he would always call. I even bought one of his for my brother.

And yes, exactly how he showed you something new, he knew my taste and would always pull any noveske rifle off the wall as soon as I pulled up. He was always helpful and a nice guy. In general all the guys I've meet at jefferson gun through the years have been super nice. But now all the guys I knew are no longer there.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Two of my glocks were his personal glocks. He knew I was a sucker for a glock. So when he had an extra or no longer needed one of his he would always call. I even bought one of his for my brother.

That’s awesome.

I sold him a couple holsters and stuff like that over the years. He and I always had good conversation. I’m just at a lost.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've been off the internet for a few days and am just seeing the full details of this and it's a terrible loss of a life. I'll go ahead and share the GoFundMe in a separate post and try to get it some more traction on here.

captaincarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    It’s terribly grotesque- but the act was far worse. I said it to get us thinking about the hypocrisy of the events versus the news reporting in the events - the excuses made and passes given when the other side does something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom