Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well here it is:

6032de9ee6685.image.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Also - @Everyone:

We aren't going to allow or entertain race related posts of any means. Any posts like this will be deleted at our discretion. Thank you for understanding.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not that it matters, but I wonder if the shooter was in legal possession of the firearm he had??
    It is amazing how many shootings go down by felons possessing stolen or illegal guns.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not that it matters, but I wonder if the shooter was in legal possession of the firearm he had??
    It is amazing how many shootings go down by felons possessing stolen or illegal guns.

He was a Concealed Handgun Permit holder, so I would make the assumption that it was in legal possession.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    They said he had a permit. Didn't say if the gun was stolen or not and he didn't have an extensive crimilal record either. May find out other things later.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

Considering he was a conceal carry permit holder, It may have been legally his gun. Also he had a "minimal" record, with a DUI and other traffic violations.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'd speculate that if the gun was stolen that we would have heard about it by now, but stranger things have happened.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's confirmed in the press conference that she was unarmed. She was there to pick up a firearm.

I just listened to the press conference again. 16:19. The sheriff said she was the to pick up a gun but hadn't picked it up yet. He added he didn't know the contents of her purse or if she had a weapon in her purse. That's what I remember hearing. However, I missed where he followed it up with someone off camera telling him there was no weapon in the purse.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks for posting the Gofundme links guys. Feels good to be able to do something other than just sit here gritting my teeth.
    I’m going to voice my speculation. Working in the public sector I’ve noticed that there are individuals that won’t tolerate being told to follow the rules. Something in their makeup or upbringing or whatever causes them to react differently than a reasonable person. I suspect the shooter has had other encounters where he may have lost his mind and acted out to a degree. It seems to me that he was offended and maybe embarrassed by being called out and acted out in a completely psychotic manner. Maybe there were other events that led up to that moment. Maybe he thought no one should tell him what to do. Whatever the case, being faced with someone pointing him out and giving him direction and likely any sort of ultimatum triggered him and the worst occurred. I am by no means making any excuses for his heinous attack. I’m simply pointing out that there are people walking around every day that are waiting to snap. The employees in that gun store did everything right and there would likely be a higher body count had they not.
    The shooter responded in a completely unreasonable and unpredictable manner. I’d just like to bring attention to the possibility of this sort of thing occurring at any time for any reason in any place. Even times and places we might never expect and got no apparent reason. A church service, for example.
    I don’t necessarily believe that the event was even premeditated. I think this was just one of those people who was so puffed up and full of hate that he decided nobody was going to disrespect him like that. Nobody actually disrespected him of course, but by refusing to accept responsibility for his actions and refusing to accept that the rules apply to everyone, he dove headfirst into a killing spree that he must have thought was justified in some twisted way. With his own family present, he did this, risking their lives. A person who had lived a seemingly normal life up until that point, suddenly did the unthinkable. It’s definitely enough to make me aware of how it can happen and to appreciate how any confrontation of any sort can turn bad in a hurry.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Thanks for posting the Gofundme links guys. Feels good to be able to do something other than just sit here gritting my teeth.
    I’m going to voice my speculation. Working in the public sector I’ve noticed that there are individuals that won’t tolerate being told to follow the rules. Something in their makeup or upbringing or whatever causes them to react differently than a reasonable person. I suspect the shooter has had other encounters where he may have lost his mind and acted out to a degree. It seems to me that he was offended and maybe embarrassed by being called out and acted out in a completely psychotic manner. Maybe there were other events that led up to that moment. Maybe he thought no one should tell him what to do. Whatever the case, being faced with someone pointing him out and giving him direction and likely any sort of ultimatum triggered him and the worst occurred. I am by no means making any excuses for his heinous attack. I’m simply pointing out that there are people walking around every day that are waiting to snap. The employees in that gun store did everything right and there would likely be a higher body count had they not.
    The shooter responded in a completely unreasonable and unpredictable manner. I’d just like to bring attention to the possibility of this sort of thing occurring at any time for any reason in any place. Even times and places we might never expect and got no apparent reason. A church service, for example.
    I don’t necessarily believe that the event was even premeditated. I think this was just one of those people who was so puffed up and full of hate that he decided nobody was going to disrespect him like that. Nobody actually disrespected him of course, but by refusing to accept responsibility for his actions and refusing to accept that the rules apply to everyone, he dove headfirst into a killing spree that he must have thought was justified in some twisted way. With his own family present, he did this, risking their lives. A person who had lived a seemingly normal life up until that point, suddenly did the unthinkable. It’s definitely enough to make me aware of how it can happen and to appreciate how any confrontation of any sort can turn bad in a hurry.

100% agree! No one wants to be told anything!

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'd speculate that if the gun was stolen that we would have heard about it by now, but stranger things have happened.

but wouldn't being in posession of a stolen gun be against the liberal media's agenda? Would that information really be publicized/scrutinized if it was the case? We all know the media is likely going to try and make that guy out to be an outstanding/upstanding citizen, Like mamma said...

Top Bottom