Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Don't know if yall saw that when he steps outside and fires in the air and then turns and aims that pistol back inside the glass starts flying.

I'm seeing at least 4 missed target rounds blowing out the door glass.

I noticed that the first time I watched the video..... 4 rnds that fast, tells me someone is EXTREMELY quick on the trigger or multiple people engaged him at the same time... kudos to them either way...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    thought they said there were 3 people behind the counter that shot at him and they werent sure but didnt think he was hit in that section of the film...

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Todays society teaches young people that rules don't apply to everyone. Some parents even support these actions when it comes to their children. I afraid it will get worse.

My retired teacher wife would so agree with you. She would have parent-teacher conferences with disruptive [Middle school age] students' parents and she would hear over and over from them "I can't do a thing with him".

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wonder if his mom has second thoughts (I know she does) after seeing the video or having it described to her in detail...

I always looked at persons describing their loved ones as “a good boy” or “he’d never do that”.

I have a cousin who was raised similarly privileged as I (two stably employee parents, private school, etc.) is now in State Prison for one count of attempted murder and one count of murder.

Had any of you asked me did I think he’d likely do something like that I would have laughed out loud, called him and told him what I had been asked.

Yep. Clear out of the blue. And I mean OUT.OF.THE.BLUE.

It was surreal when I got the phone call. And I think for a MOTHER it’s difficult (for some) to shake all of the memories when the now monster was but an infant.

I hope NONE OF YOU have to get such a phone call about one you love deeply having done something monstrous. It was odd (and still is) thinking back how we grew up and all the things we did. Even as an adult there were NO clues. No drug use; Hell, he didn’t own a firearm!

Though it has been awhile I still look back into his life - or what I knew of it - trying to piece together WTF went wrong.

I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and she says that people sometimes “snap”.

I still don’t buy that but it may be true.

The dude in this video is not psychologically whole. I’d like to know more about his life. His pants sagging is one clue; maybe not much but it’s still a data point.

Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Agree. There are a very small percentage of folks who come to our range that seem to totally resent being told anything. I've had them bow up at being asked to open the action on a non cased/holstered weapon when entering the range as well as making a weapon safe to make the line cold. And on several occasions, after being informed that "of course it's unloaded", a live round has popped out when the action was opened. One old fella even pointed his WWII 1911 straight up and pulled the trigger to show me it was empty - you can guess the results. Had a young guy, after several warnings about muzzle control, tell me: "You f'ing cops think you own this f'ing range" - I explained that the public owned the range but I run it and you are banned for life. He left VERY angry but didn't get crazy. I can't remember what it's called but there is a mental condition that causes someone to resent authority. Maybe this was the case here?
    [FACEPALM EMOJI HERE]

Gosh damn. I firmly believe that all range officers should always be armed for just such occasions. Man, the older I get the more I wanna stay away from public ranges.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I wonder if his mom has second thoughts (I know she does) after seeing the video or having it described to her in detail...

I always looked at persons describing their loved ones as “a good boy” or “he’d never do that”.

I have a cousin who was raised similarly privileged as I (two stably employee parents, private school, etc.) is now in State Prison for one count of attempted murder and one count of murder.

Had any of you asked me did I think he’d likely do something like that I would have laughed out loud, called him and told him what I had been asked.

Yep. Clear out of the blue. And I mean OUT.OF.THE.BLUE.

It was surreal when I got the phone call. And I think for a MOTHER it’s difficult (for some) to shake all of the memories when the now monster was but an infant.

I hope NONE OF YOU have to get such a phone call about one you love deeply having done something monstrous. It was odd (and still is) thinking back how we grew up and all the things we did. Even as an adult there were NO clues. No drug use; Hell, he didn’t own a firearm!

Though it has been awhile I still look back into his life - or what I knew of it - trying to piece together WTF went wrong.

I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and she says that people sometimes “snap”.

I still don’t buy that but it may be true.

The dude in this video is not psychologically whole. I’d like to know more about his life. His pants sagging is one clue; maybe not much but it’s still a data point.

Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. It’s hard to accept family members, especially your own children are capable of serious wrong doing. I don’t get upset when people make statements that their child “could never do that”, I’m positive they truly believe that. When faced with the video evidence she apparently took those posts down, which is surprising. People grieve in many different ways, some of them can be bizarre. I’ve given my share of death notices and you really never know what to expect. What a horrible situation for all involved. I’ll be keeping the families, especially the children in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I understand we don't have all the facts, and not all the video footage; and I am not disparaging these innocent victims in the least, and most assuredly not playing after the fact QB, nor trying to display macho bravado; but does anyone know if the clerk was armed; and if so, I wonder why he would have ducked and faced away from the active and still unfolding threat? Unless, bullets from others shooting at the murderer were pinning him down!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Fair assessment!
    I believe it’s possible that when the shooter exited the store after the first volley/exchange, everyone assumed he had flown and was still running. I believe at that point those good folks instinctively went into the next step and let their guard down for an instant and when the shooter returned walking through the store straight to the pathway behind the counter to shoot that they didn’t immediately recognize the threat, at which point they may have actually lowered, cleared or otherwise released their weapons and begun to either call for help or assess the damage. First instinct when the bad guy reappears and your pants are down is to hunker down behind cover. Yeah, I know I wasn’t there but I have a good imagination.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    In my younger days I dated two red heads. They were both crazy. One in a really good way and the other in a really, really, bad way.

I will vouch for the ginger theory. I even married one once upon a time. I got over that addiction and my life is better.
    I thing I read somewhere that the hair is rooted in the brain and turns red from sucking the blood from the brain stem and that’s why they’re so crazy. Sometimes it’s a really good crazy, but it will always end up red headed psycho. Nowadays I make myself look away.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yep. It’s hard to accept family members, especially your own children are capable of serious wrong doing. I don’t get upset when people make statements that their child “could never do that”, I’m positive they truly believe that. When faced with the video evidence she apparently took those posts down, which is surprising. People grieve in many different ways, some of them can be bizarre. I’ve given my share of death notices and you really never know what to expect. What a horrible situation for all involved. I’ll be keeping the families, especially the children in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes sir. I completely agree.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I will vouch for the ginger theory. I even married one once upon a time. I got over that addiction and my life is better.
    I thing I read somewhere that the hair is rooted in the brain and turns red from sucking the blood from the brain stem and that’s why they’re so crazy. Sometimes it’s a really good crazy, but it will always end up red headed psycho. Nowadays I make myself look away.

Let's not get off topic here, please.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A gun store that does not allow concealed or open carry? Sounds silly.

What a needless tragedy.

The store allows both, from my understanding. As long as the firearm is safely holstered and maintained, it should be good to go.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'd have to agree. It would be a major red flag in any situation from a defensive standpoint.

I don’t believe any gun shop is against concealed carry or open carry, so long as you are carrying in an appropriate manner.

If you’re open carrying, it should be in a retention holster.
    If you’re concealing a firearm, it should remain concealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom