Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    but wouldn't being in posession of a stolen gun be against the liberal media's agenda? Would that information really be publicized/scrutinized if it was the case? We all know the media is likely going to try and make that guy out to be an outstanding/upstanding citizen, Like mamma said...

For the media to excuse the shooter to any degree would imply that the victims were somehow at fault. Now I agree that the national news media has a way with rearranging facts and smoke and mirrors to fit a narrative but I’m sure it’s also apparent to them that this one is already in the books. Even mama took down her statement about how things transpired. The video and the brother and the children will stand out in the public’s minds. Yes, they may try to paint the shooter in a positive light, but at most it will be a ‘wonder why’ kind of scenario at best. No discounting how heinous his actions were.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Thanks for posting the Gofundme links guys. Feels good to be able to do something other than just sit here gritting my teeth.
    I’m going to voice my speculation. Working in the public sector I’ve noticed that there are individuals that won’t tolerate being told to follow the rules. Something in their makeup or upbringing or whatever causes them to react differently than a reasonable person. I suspect the shooter has had other encounters where he may have lost his mind and acted out to a degree. It seems to me that he was offended and maybe embarrassed by being called out and acted out in a completely psychotic manner. Maybe there were other events that led up to that moment. Maybe he thought no one should tell him what to do. Whatever the case, being faced with someone pointing him out and giving him direction and likely any sort of ultimatum triggered him and the worst occurred. I am by no means making any excuses for his heinous attack. I’m simply pointing out that there are people walking around every day that are waiting to snap. The employees in that gun store did everything right and there would likely be a higher body count had they not.
    The shooter responded in a completely unreasonable and unpredictable manner. I’d just like to bring attention to the possibility of this sort of thing occurring at any time for any reason in any place. Even times and places we might never expect and got no apparent reason. A church service, for example.
    I don’t necessarily believe that the event was even premeditated. I think this was just one of those people who was so puffed up and full of hate that he decided nobody was going to disrespect him like that. Nobody actually disrespected him of course, but by refusing to accept responsibility for his actions and refusing to accept that the rules apply to everyone, he dove headfirst into a killing spree that he must have thought was justified in some twisted way. With his own family present, he did this, risking their lives. A person who had lived a seemingly normal life up until that point, suddenly did the unthinkable. It’s definitely enough to make me aware of how it can happen and to appreciate how any confrontation of any sort can turn bad in a hurry.

Agree. There are a very small percentage of folks who come to our range that seem to totally resent being told anything. I've had them bow up at being asked to open the action on a non cased/holstered weapon when entering the range as well as making a weapon safe to make the line cold. And on several occasions, after being informed that "of course it's unloaded", a live round has popped out when the action was opened. One old fella even pointed his WWII 1911 straight up and pulled the trigger to show me it was empty - you can guess the results. Had a young guy, after several warnings about muzzle control, tell me: "You f'ing cops think you own this f'ing range" - I explained that the public owned the range but I run it and you are banned for life. He left VERY angry but didn't get crazy. I can't remember what it's called but there is a mental condition that causes someone to resent authority. Maybe this was the case here?

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    Agree. There are a very small percentage of folks who come to our range that seem to totally resent being told anything. I've had them bow up at being asked to open the action on a non cased/holstered weapon when entering the range as well as making a weapon safe to make the line cold. And on several occasions, after being informed that "of course it's unloaded", a live round has popped out when the action was opened. One old fella even pointed his WWII 1911 straight up and pulled the trigger to show me it was empty - you can guess the results. Had a young guy, after several warnings about muzzle control, tell me: "You f'ing cops think you own this f'ing range" - I explained that the public owned the range but I run it and you are banned for life. He left VERY angry but didn't get crazy. I can't remember what it's called but there is a mental condition that causes someone to resent authority. Maybe this was the case here?

Opposition Defiant Disorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Thanks for posting the Gofundme links guys. Feels good to be able to do something other than just sit here gritting my teeth.
    I’m going to voice my speculation. Working in the public sector I’ve noticed that there are individuals that won’t tolerate being told to follow the rules. Something in their makeup or upbringing or whatever causes them to react differently than a reasonable person. I suspect the shooter has had other encounters where he may have lost his mind and acted out to a degree. It seems to me that he was offended and maybe embarrassed by being called out and acted out in a completely psychotic manner. Maybe there were other events that led up to that moment. Maybe he thought no one should tell him what to do. Whatever the case, being faced with someone pointing him out and giving him direction and likely any sort of ultimatum triggered him and the worst occurred. I am by no means making any excuses for his heinous attack. I’m simply pointing out that there are people walking around every day that are waiting to snap. The employees in that gun store did everything right and there would likely be a higher body count had they not.
    The shooter responded in a completely unreasonable and unpredictable manner. I’d just like to bring attention to the possibility of this sort of thing occurring at any time for any reason in any place. Even times and places we might never expect and got no apparent reason. A church service, for example.
    I don’t necessarily believe that the event was even premeditated. I think this was just one of those people who was so puffed up and full of hate that he decided nobody was going to disrespect him like that. Nobody actually disrespected him of course, but by refusing to accept responsibility for his actions and refusing to accept that the rules apply to everyone, he dove headfirst into a killing spree that he must have thought was justified in some twisted way. With his own family present, he did this, risking their lives. A person who had lived a seemingly normal life up until that point, suddenly did the unthinkable. It’s definitely enough to make me aware of how it can happen and to appreciate how any confrontation of any sort can turn bad in a hurry.

You are absolutely correct.

My sources say Mr. Williams had four DUI's and a felony assault conviction on his sheet.

Yet he had a CHP. The theory being that all of his convictions were in Orleans Parish, and they failed to report.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "He just flipped out!"

Murderer's brother's exact words to investigators. Case of blame elsewhere; closed!

Disclaimer: Even though it seems clearly evident this douche was a cold blooded killer on video, and by all witness accounts; the investigation is not closed! Which means; albeit very unlikely, there could be other possibilities for his despicable actions.

Can't speculate why his mother took her accusatory post down, or if it is even down at all (I do not care), but this mother needs to come to the realization that he was garbage. Now, that said; do not be surprised if a lawyer has advised the family not to exacerbate the public's anger towards this murderer or his actions. Do not forget, the ballistics and forensics of what bullet from whose gun did what and hit whom is not over.

I surmise the murderer's family is lawyered up and they are waiting for a reason to act on anything that may suggest wrongful death. Even murderers can be plaintiffs.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Todays society teaches young people that rules don't apply to everyone. Some parents even support these actions when it comes to their children. I afraid it will get worse.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "He just flipped out!"

Murderer's brother's exact words to investigators. Case of blame elsewhere; closed!

Disclaimer: Even though it seems clearly evident this douche was a cold blooded killer on video, and by all witness accounts; the investigation is not closed! Which means; albeit very unlikely, there could be other possibilities for his despicable actions.

Can't speculate why his mother took her accusatory post down, or if it is even down at all (I do not care), but this mother needs to come to the realization that he was garbage. Now, that said; do not be surprised if a lawyer has advised the family not to exacerbate the public's anger towards this murderer or his actions. Do not forget, the ballistics and forensics of what bullet from whose gun did what and hit whom is not over.

I surmise the murderer's family is lawyered up and they are waiting for a reason to act on anything that may suggest wrongful death. Even murderers can be plaintiffs.

I can speculate why the post may have come down.

"During a brief phone call Monday, Williams mother, Trudy Edwards Williams, didn’t dispute the findings that the Sheriff’s Office discussed with the media. But she said what happened Saturday just wasn’t consistent with the son she had raised."
    https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_8b6d3e7c-7535-11eb-855c-abb6fec1656e.html

She may not have come to the realization that her son was garbage but she may have come to the realization that her son really did the things they are saying he did.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    See the full presser. He fired outside and then turned his gun and killed the woman and shot at others who shot back at him. Then he eventually came back in looking for more people to shoot and that is when he shot Noah who was ducked and facing away. The coward shot and killed an unarmed woman and then shot a man in the back killing him before being killed himself.

I understand we don't have all the facts, and not all the video footage; and I am not disparaging these innocent victims in the least, and most assuredly not playing after the fact QB, nor trying to display macho bravado; but does anyone know if the clerk was armed; and if so, I wonder why he would have ducked and faced away from the active and still unfolding threat? Unless, bullets from others shooting at the murderer were pinning him down!?!

- - - Updated - - -

I can speculate why the post may have come down.

"During a brief phone call Monday, Williams mother, Trudy Edwards Williams, didn’t dispute the findings that the Sheriff’s Office discussed with the media. But she said what happened Saturday just wasn’t consistent with the son she had raised."
    https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_8b6d3e7c-7535-11eb-855c-abb6fec1656e.html

She may not have come to the realization that her son was garbage but she may have come to the realization that her son really did the things they are saying he did.

Fair assessment!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    On Monday, a woman named Janice Hutchinson, who identified herself as Williams aunt, wrote on Facebook, *Our hearts go out to family and friends of those who suffered an untimely and senseless death,* naming Fischbach and Billiot, as well as Williams.

She wrote about the pain and emptiness the family is suffering because of the deaths of innocent people at the hands of a loved one, noting that Williams had anger control issues that stemmed from social ills.

I'd love to read that original CHP application.

*He did a monstrous deed, but he was not a monster,* she wrote.

I beg to differ.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Trying to make sense of how this could happen in a store with armed employees...so many questions.
    Does anyone know how he was holding the handgun as he approached and entered the store?
    Hand fully engaged on the grip? Finger in the trigger guard?
    and if so what is the protocol when you see someone entering and holding a gun in that manner?
    I guess in the future we will have to be "buzzed" in through a locked front door after being deemed safe.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Trying to make sense of how this could happen in a store with armed employees...so many questions.
    Does anyone know how he was holding the handgun as he approached and entered the store?
    and if so what is the protocol when you see someone entering and holding a gun in that manner?
    I guess in the future we will have to be "buzzed" in through a locked front door after being deemed safe.

knowing quite a few range masters and being there alot... this happens alot more than you think... minus the shootings... the world is full of dumb people, if they or any gunshop took defensve action to anybody who walked in with a loaded gun in there hand or not in a holster they would be shut down in a day... i have never worked at a gun shop, but please chime in those who have, everthing i have heard from buddys is that happens several times a week... I guess you slowly lower your guard till somthing like this happens...

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

All of your questions are answered in the press conference.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Todays society teaches young people that rules don't apply to everyone. Some parents even support these actions when it comes to their children. I afraid it will get worse.
    You are absolutely correct. Too many think that the rules don't/shouldn't apply to them

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    video just made public

- - - Updated - - -

fella stepped outside for a warning shot it appears

looks like at :15 is when the lady was shot.. looks like she was pulling a pistol from her purse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpkWOmphYU

Don't know if yall saw that when he steps outside and fires in the air and then turns and aims that pistol back inside the glass starts flying.

I'm seeing at least 4 missed target rounds blowing out the door glass.

Top Bottom