Shooting at Jefferson Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No one said that, and this reply itself, ironically enough, reads like a woke caricature.

I will stay out of the non-firearms threads here going forward.

It sounds woke to blame the person who committed the crime instead of taking the blame away from the individual and placing it on a group he belongs to? That’s odd. I’ve never heard anyone claim that personal responsibility was a sign of wokeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It sounds woke to blame the person who committed the crime instead of taking the blame away from the individual and placing it on a group he belongs to? That’s odd. I’ve never heard anyone claim that personal responsibility was a sign of wokeness.

I guess I'm woke, then.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Imagine if...despite what the media tells you, there’s an entire spectrum of opinions and thoughts between “racist” and “woke” and you can actually think for yourself and not everything has to exist at the extremes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Imagine if...despite what the media tells you, there’s an entire spectrum of opinions and thoughts between *racist* and *woke* and you can actually think for yourself and not everything has to exist at the extremes.

Double Barreled Amen!! If anyone EVER hears me using the "mots du jour" from this dumbed down pop culture, please slap da crap outa me!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Imagine if...despite what the media tells you, there’s an entire spectrum of opinions and thoughts between *racist* and *woke* and you can actually think for yourself and not everything has to exist at the extremes.

Double Barreled Amen!! If anyone EVER hears me using the "mots du jour" from this dumbed down pop culture, please slap da crap outa me!
    I was just thinking that it’s ironic how most of the people I hear use the word woke seem to be completely brainwashed sheep that are only repeating what they’ve been programmed to say.
    Woke...SMH. They’re anything but awake.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The father was enraged that his young daughter brought someone like that to his house and he did make it clear to her that he didn't want him in his house..now he even feels more like crap that his new grandsons father is responsible for killing innocent people...

Also he gave her a choice to either breakup with him or to get out his house..she choose to leave his house inorder to be with that loser but her father ended up begging her to come back home because he was scared having his daughter out living with that moron..

The daughters father is a very good hardworking man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Damn. She better grow up in a hurry and make better choices. As her father knew- she was certainly headed for a concrete wall with that idiot....Hope your friend's situation gets better.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    During one of the press conferences the Sheriff stated he had a very minimal record with just a DUI or two. I don’t remember exactly but I believe it’s in the one linked earlier in the thread.

Wasn't he a concealed handgun permit holder for Louisiana? If so, how with 2 DUI? Weird

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wasn't he a concealed handgun permit holder for Louisiana? If so, how with 2 DUI? Weird

I’d have to go back and look again, and I don’t care enough to, but I got the impression he was arrested for two DUI’s I didn’t get the impression the sheriff was referring to convictions.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’m thinking he was arrested but maybe not convicted? In today’s world of designer drugs and all this spice and bath salt nonsense you see It very well could be a situation where he was arrested but maybe they couldn’t charge him because whatever he was on wasn’t detected at the time? Just my .02

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m thinking he was arrested but maybe not convicted? In today’s world of designer drugs and all this spice and bath salt nonsense you see It very well could be a situation where he was arrested but maybe they couldn’t charge him because whatever he was on wasn’t detected at the time? Just my .02

There’s an even greater chance he was caught dead to right but it got plead down to a reckless operation. That’s why people have 7+ DUI arrests. Just remember a plea deal is a conviction for the DA’s office.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA

It’s not? There are segments of the population who’ve for years been blaming all law abiding gun owners for all gun violence, all NRA members for (insert popular politically-incorrect “whatever” here), all members of a subset for the actions of a gross minority of that subset, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom