Should there be waiting period for handguns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Let them try it. That Richmond jerk tried his assault weapon ban last year. Louisiana Carry and the NRA-ILA Grassroots got people on the horn and it never even made it TO committee!

We are ready.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    When I bought my first gun, just the 10 minute background check almost drove me insane. Now, I honestly wouldn't care either way.

However I think just the opposite of that might be a good idea if it must be done...make first time gun owners wait 24-48 hours to eliminate any "I'm angry and gonna buy a gun to kill someone" types. Anyone that already owns a gun...well I don't see how a waiting period would help anything.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have a waiting period, mines 3 days on any purches. I always get a "delay" on my NICS check. Means I have to have my wife buy for me at Fun Shows. Spousal Approval for gun buys sucks.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have a waiting period, mines 3 days on any purches. I always get a "delay" on my NICS check. Means I have to have my wife buy for me at Fun Shows. Spousal Approval for gun buys sucks.

I know it's rough looking like your PW'd.

On 2 occassions my dad & I got guns at the same time. His was approved immediately & mind took like 30-45 minutes longer. So next time I go to get a handgun I allow for a delay & get the green light in seconds.

I'd like to see them put an end to the straw purchases more than any other thing.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I'd like to see no free man debarred the use of arms.

What do you mean? That a convicted felon could purchase a firearm regardless of the crime he commited after he was released from prison.

For most of us a waiting period would be mainly an inconvenience. We already have guns & would not rely on a new gun but rather one we trusted & practiced with.

As far as 2nd ammendment rights I don't want to give up an inch. If they enforce existing laws, they wouldn't need new ones.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I say that the Second Amendment doesn't allow for exceptions – or else it would have read that the right "to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless Congress chooses otherwise." And because there are no exceptions, I disagree with my fellow panelists who say the existing gun laws should be enforced. Those laws are unconstitutional [and] wrong – because they put you at a disadvantage to armed criminals, to whom the laws are no inconvenience. – Harry Browne, meetings with NRA's EVP, Wayne LaPierre and other panelists at a gun rights rally in Hot Springs, AR, 8/8/2000

Top Bottom