Should violent crime offenders permanently lose their voting right?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Question came up on the debate a few minutes ago.

Should a person who committed a violent crime and have exhausted their probation and their punishment be able to vote? I say as long as it is on their record they lose that right. How about you?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Violent offenders should be VIOLENTLY OFFENDED.

I say no way in hell should they be allowed to vote.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    so at prisons, there would be voting booths available for certain people.. we can't even send our loved ones music cds, yet they would go through the trouble of paying people to set up, record, and complete this? a far cry.. how bout we worry about the criminals outside of prison?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    any crime...complete sentence and vote , own guns...if any rights are to be suspended that should be part of each individual case

Only property owners should vote...flat tax would solve the tax issue for all voters.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    This is my take...if we're voting on things that will cost me money then it should be a level field. Broke ass pavement monkeys shouldn't be voting on politicians who will by promise spend tax dollars to make the life of the useless better.

hope I don't sound crude

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This is my take...if we're voting on things that will cost me money then it should be a level field. Broke ass pavement monkeys shouldn't be voting on politicians who will by promise spend tax dollars to make the life of the useless better.

hope I don't sound crude
    Yep thats where I was going!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    When I was a 20 year old soldier I owned no property. Why shouldn't I have been allowed to vote?

IMO, military deserves every right and privlige...and I don't have the answer to this one YET...but if I'm elected this will be addressed :D

B/C military is acting on behalf of property owners they should have the rights of property owners while in Military ????...if property owners elect politicians and politicians are the ones allowing and even starting wars maybe the military vote would help nullify the desire of the politicians to let war happen ???

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I think there were stipulations for property ownership before being allowed to vote. Had something to do with a poll tax that was found unconstitutional...I could be mistaken.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think there were stipulations for property ownership before being allowed to vote. Had something to do with a poll tax that was found unconstitutional...I could be mistaken.

You could be, but I don't think you are...I am saying what I think the system should be like, I also would stipulate a literacy test. People should be able to read and understand at least at a 6th grade level before voting on how to ruin our country.

If our current system continues....inner city mob rule will be deciding on everyone elses fate. Unless we're already there

Top Bottom