Shouldering Sig Brace = Illegal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    If stupid people keep asking stupid questions, eventually they will get the answer they don't want. They did it to themselves.

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Well crap! Apparently, by once having sex in the back seat of my car, I redesigned the backseat into a bedroom. This further caused the entire car to be redesigned into a house. I am now in violation of several zoning ordinances and owe back property tax.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Well crap! Apparently, by once having sex in the back seat of my car, I redesigned the backseat into a bedroom. This further caused the entire car to be redesigned into a house. I am now in violation of several zoning ordinances and owe back property tax.

See, your car IS an extension of your home!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Didn't see this coming! (Sarcasm)

But in all honesty. Who bought the sig brace without the intention of shouldering it? Who actually bought it to shoot with 1 arm?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Didn't see this coming! (Sarcasm)

But in all honesty. Who bought the sig brace without the intention of shouldering it? Who actually bought it to shoot with 1 arm?

(Naturally... How ELSE would one answer that "Intent" question?!)
    EVERYONE!!!!!

the point being, that "misuse" should not and historically DOES NOT define NFA.

THe court case will be interesting...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    With the mentality and senseless decision making going on at the ATF, I would say, anyone who hasn't written them a letter asking about how to hold their pistol, should be able to hold it however they wish, for it is a pistol. Firing a pistol is not misuse of or altering the design of a pistol. And I'd like to be in the courtroom during the first trial of anyone charged with a crime for shouldering a pistol, so I can laugh incessantly at the prosecution until they call the men in white suits to come and take me away, haha...

Bwalken

Foot clutch hand shift
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    New orleans
    Also read one of those letters to the ATF and the guy almost sounded like he was bragging about his setup and thought he could get cool points with whoever opens letters And expected a response like "sweet send us a picture with the serial number!!"

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Any person who intends to use a handgun stabilizing brace as a shoulder stock on a pistol

I take it this way:
    This is a pistol, My original intention was to build a pistol, and that is what I built.

Obviously there are some people willing to say that they intended to use the Brace as a stock.

Well, I intended to build a pistol. However that dumbass intended to do something different.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I take it this way:
    This is a pistol, My original intention was to build a pistol, and that is what I built.

Obviously there are some people willing to say that they intended to use the Brace as a stock.

Well, I intended to build a pistol. However that dumbass intended to do something different.

Based on previous letters, I would agree. But this new letter, which also revokes all previous letters on the matter, is pretty cut and dry. Intentions when building the weapon are no longer relevant. They've determined simply using the brace as a shoulder stock constitutes a "redesign" of the product based on their legal definition. Simply put, by using the brace as a buttstock, you've just legally "redesigned" it into a buttstock, and therefore subjected the rifle to NFA SBR laws. Basically no different then if you put an actual buttstock on it, doesn't matter what your intentions were when bullding.

It makes sense, it was never more than a loophole, and one that would have probably worked for a long time if people didn't run their mouth about it.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I guess I missed the "date". Didn't realize this was the New New.

Man, I dont like roller coasters. Someone let me off, PLUH-EASE

Doesn't help either that is has a specific name. I guess that will be the defining part of the argument when the "shouldering a pistol brace" comes up

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If people would just shut the hell up and quit talking about this thing, it will not be scrutinized. I firmly believe that if people continue to talk about it, bitch about it, write letters about it, try to show their ass with it........ it will eventually just be outlawed period.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom