Shouldering Sig Brace = Illegal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    You don't have to like the law. Just, follow it. If you don't like it, then do something about changing it. The last thing we need is a headline like "Gun-toting Louisiana Man Openly Ignores ATF Regulations, Posts Videos on Youtube, Gets Arrested".

You are confusing regulations with a law. The ATF issued an "opinion. An "opinion" is not law. It is used in law, but is not in itself a law.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Hey bro. Like I said. If you feel like being the sacrificial lamb, then by all means, go for it. Just try not to screw things up for the rest of us.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    At what point do you begin to awaken a bear when he is sleeping on your Constitutional rights?

I get where your coming from. Some people have a stronger stance and others have limitations on how far they are willing to go.

I think its a choice.

Some may not like this guy but some videos have an interesting view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_k2I3cwxY

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Hey bro. Like I said. If you feel like being the sacrificial lamb, then by all means, go for it. Just try not to screw things up for the rest of us.

How would someone do that by defending their rights? Did Rosa Parks mess it up for the rest of them? Did the founding fathers mess it up for the rest of them? I get it, you are comfortable with the amount of liberty that has been taken from you. Some people are not.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The ATF seems to believe that certain gun owners are "giving them the finger" with all these displays involving the brace. Bragging about how you get around the laws they enforce is not going to disband the ATF and overturn the Gun Control laws. Supporting the NRA, GOA, and SAF can help to deliver that outcome. Support for Libertarian Republicans can do even more to advance gun rights. The Republican party needs to become Libertarian again.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    How would someone do that by defending their rights? Did Rosa Parks mess it up for the rest of them? Did the founding fathers mess it up for the rest of them? I get it, you are comfortable with the amount of liberty that has been taken from you. Some people are not.

Rosa Parks could not be vilified since she was unarmed. It is all too easy for government to vilify gun owners. They passed the GCA of 1968 in order to turn black people into felons and take their guns as well as suppression of the anti-war movement. It was also intended to be a starting point for the destruction of the 2nd Amendment.
    None of what government has done to the 2nd Amendment will be reversed by acting like idiots with gimmicky accessories. Telling the ATF that they are stupid is a counterproductive means of resistance.
    We need to work to elect people who will cut the waste out of the Federal government. ATF is just a small part of that wasteful spending.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

You don't think the idiots open-carrying carbines in stores did anything to hurt gun rights? What about the Black Panthers that protested in California in '67 that lead to the Mumford Act getting passed? Showing your ass is not the way to fix things. We need to be respectful, polite gun owners. Posting videos about how you're skirting the law cannot possibly help things. If you want to do it on your own time and in private, whatever. But don't flaunt that stuff. It makes all of us look like we're looking for loopholes, and honestly, it makes us look like jerks.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    You don't think the idiots open-carrying carbines in stores did anything to hurt gun rights? What about the Black Panthers that protested in California in '67 that lead to the Mumford Act getting passed? Showing your ass is not the way to fix things. We need to be respectful, polite gun owners. Posting videos about how you're skirting the law cannot possibly help things. If you want to do it on your own time and in private, whatever. But don't flaunt that stuff. It makes all of us look like we're looking for loopholes, and honestly, it makes us look like jerks.

yep. geoney all you're doing is proving nancy pelosi correct, with every post. Even if I agreed with you, I wouldn't broadcast is just for sake of validating what those idiots speak of "gun folk" just food for thought.

Top Bottom