Sig P232

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Anybody have any experience with one of these .380's? Thinking about upgrading the wifes model 85 .38 to one of these.

Dave

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    ive looked at them. They seem to be built well like other sigs. Out of all the PPK clones I think it would be the most reliable in the long run if it is going to get shot a decent amount.

I have a Bersa .380 which is about the same size and shape. People discount them because they are lower priced and some if the small parts are MIM but it has been a great gun. I would at least take a look at it.

I went into Arms Merchant to buy a PPK and ended up leaving with a Bersa. They told me the PPKs need a long break in time for them to cycle right. The PPK is smaller though.

I'm trying to give the Bersa to my GF but she doesn't want to shoot anything bigger than a .22

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have a PPK/S. I carried it for 20+ years & it shows.
    Absolutely love it. It does have a sharp recoil. the only other downside is the safety is opposite of some pistols. The decocker & loaded chamber pin spoil you.
    Nice size.
    Bought mine used from my high school teacher.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I have a PPK/S. I carried it for 20+ years & it shows.
    Absolutely love it. It does have a sharp recoil. the only other downside is the safety is opposite of some pistols. The decocker & loaded chamber pin spoil you.
    Nice size.
    Bought mine used from my high school teacher.

I really want a PPK from germany or interarms. I don't really like the new S&W versions. The new ones are also the ones that the shop told me had some feeding and cycling issues.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Mine needs to be redone the finish is gone. It was bad when I got it. 2 decades & 1 Katrina didn't help.
    The feed ramp is a bit steep & the barrel is fixed. Mine was sent back for feed issues when I got it. It works well & is pretty accurate. Someone gave me a Pachmayer wraparound grip that will probably help with recoil & accuracy due to better fit.
    I shot the Bersa & recoil seemed less. I was told it had a floating barrel.

Mine is the Interarms one.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    The Bersa has the barrel fixed to the frame. It is quite accurate.

Mine has been a great gun with no problems. I've heard of some parts failing after many rounds. But for a carry gun that probably won't get shot too much I think it is great. It eats any ammo I feed it.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    ive looked at them. They seem to be built well like other sigs. Out of all the PPK clones I think it would be the most reliable in the long run if it is going to get shot a decent amount.

I have a Bersa .380 which is about the same size and shape. People discount them because they are lower priced and some if the small parts are MIM but it has been a great gun. I would at least take a look at it.

I went into Arms Merchant to buy a PPK and ended up leaving with a Bersa. They told me the PPKs need a long break in time for them to cycle right. The PPK is smaller though.

I'm trying to give the Bersa to my GF but she doesn't want to shoot anything bigger than a .22

Ike you must be a rich man dealing with the Arms Merchant!!! :)

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    Their prices can be a bit higher but if no one goes there then we won't have a local gun shop in Mandeville. I feel it is important to support local business when I can. John and the group over there have always been nice and helpful and like I said in that post, I went in there to buy a $500 PPK, he advised me to buy a less expensive gun that he felt would be more reliable out of the box. He didn't have to do that, he could have just let me buy the expensive one.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Sig seems to be one of the guns that either you love them or haven't handled them. I have never seen someone post a bad thing about a Sig on any forum. I don't read every post on every forum so maybe the rare bad report is out there.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I just need to develop a taste for cheaper guns!!:D Hk's and now Sig's.:( Can all the gangbangers really be wrong with these High Points?? :rofl:

Dave

Top Bottom