Situational Awareness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    My little story of why i am thankful for situational/tactical awareness:

I walked 20 feet from my class to the water fountain. I turn around and see a guy i dont recognize leaving the room. In his hands was a backpack similar to mine. I notice that it is my backpack due to the small things i do to mine. I confront the subject, get my backpack back, and am not out 2000 dollars.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    he tried to convince me it was his. I told him that it was not indeed. After he returned it, i let him walk away. In hindsight i wish i would have detained him.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    he tried to convince me it was his. I told him that it was not indeed. After he returned it, i let him walk away. In hindsight i wish i would have detained him.

You did just fine... it would be nice to make him pay for his actions... but it's more trouble than it's worth.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Very easy to say what you would have done from the comfort of your computer screen. I say, good job just being aware. In my opinion, it is half the battle to not turn into a victim.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Very easy to say what you would have done from the comfort of your computer screen. I say, good job just being aware. In my opinion, it is half the battle to not turn into a victim.

Obviously my response was made out of anger and frustration. I agree that beating him down would not be the right action, but we can't just let these a-holes walk away from the scene of the crime.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Have you ever seen him? He is a giant. That helps with detention.

whit i may be a giant, but i still was able to get up under your dash.

Between laptop, calculators, books, and the such, yea its over 2000. I didnt beat him down cause then i really have to deal with Tech Cops. As far as the detention, Zip ties or duct tape fix anything

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I still think if you knew me, you would understand I would have kicked his ass.. twice..

trueconfirmed.gif

Then he might have even pistol whipped him for the aggravation.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    Did you call campus PD/security?

Dude probably went to the next room and lifted something...

This. Reporting it might means he gets prosecuted for your crime, but if he is caught when he does it again, they can possibly hold him accountable for your as well.

Even for minor stuff, I like to have a report done, so when there is a "rash" of similar events, it helps LEO tie them all together if it is the same guy and he gets his just desserts.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    Yeah, do not let this guy get away so easy. He will most likely be on campus again, and possibly your class, and looking to cause trouble again. There is no reason not to report it.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I would have given the man a choice.
    1. You give me back the backpack
    2. I beat your ass, choke you out, take the back pack then stand by your unconscious body while I wait for the cops.

Top Bottom