Situational Awareness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I would have given the man a choice.
    1. You give me back the backpack
    2. I beat your ass, choke you out, take the back pack then stand by your unconscious body while I wait for the cops.

While beating his ass sounded like a great idea at the time, there were other people in the hall. I wasnt in fear of my life so i choose not to use excessive force. He gave it back so i didnt have to. Had he ran, he would need medical attention.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    whit i may be a giant, but i still was able to get up under your dash.

Between laptop, calculators, books, and the such, yea its over 2000. I didnt beat him down cause then i really have to deal with Tech Cops. As far as the detention, Zip ties or duct tape fix anything

I heard you were a Giant, Leather works just as good as zip ties and duck tape to restrain someone if needed.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    My little story of why i am thankful for situational/tactical awareness:

I walked 20 feet from my class to the water fountain. I turn around and see a guy i dont recognize leaving the room. In his hands was a backpack similar to mine. I notice that it is my backpack due to the small things i do to mine. I confront the subject, get my backpack back, and am not out 2000 dollars.

Well played sir. Kinda funny the guy tried to convince you it was his backpack.....

On that note you don't know what that guy was carrying he could have easily stabbed you etc if you would have tried to detain him. I think you played it perfectly. Get your stuff back and make a good witness. It is not worth a trip to the emergency room because either A: You get some of his blood on you or in your eye etc and have to go on a HAART regiment or B: Get hurt yourself and end up in the hospital.....

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Laptop and other stuff.....2,000.00

Lawyer for bitch slappin perp.....5,000.00

Gettin bounced from school ??? $$$

Got yer stuff...reported...all good

Spot the ******* somewhere else when he doesn't know you are there and re visit the problem... 0 $

VIOLA....:bigok:

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Those of u who said he would Prolly go somewhere and I try it again were right. Something similar happened in another hall at 1130home he's. Suspect descriptions match up. I hope he hets what he deserves and that's 5y years in prison or 3000I fine. Nut that being said he'll Prolly water my tax money on a public defender.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Those of u who said he would Prolly go somewhere and I try it again were right. Something similar happened in another hall at 1130home he's. Suspect descriptions match up. I hope he hets what he deserves and that's 5y years in prison or 3000I fine. Nut that being said he'll Prolly water my tax money on a public defender.

Like I said.

And the second incident is on campus security, after you called it in the first time. Of course... if they were as smart as me... :biglaugh:

You definitely played it the right way.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Pepper spray of course!

Shooting out his kneecaps would have halted him long enough for security to arrive, and he would have probably been grateful enough to send a "Thank You" card to you from prison afterwards...

In all honest, though, I'm glad you were able to retrieve your things from somewhere other than a pawn shop. I'm also glad he was dumb enough to do it again, and hopefully is on the verge of being caught.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I am 6'4" and 290lbs. I had an easy 130+lbs on this dude.

Legally I could have preformed a citizen's arrest because the value of my backpack constituted felony theft. Amount of force used would have been determined by how much he resisted. Not to mention i had a class with three other large guys in it to help. :dogkeke:

Sorry for the horrendous grammar in the update post. I posted from my phone.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I'd be careful thinking that outweighing him gives you advantage. A trained assailant, a 7oz knife, or a 2lb pistol can change things drastically. I've seen guys that were 150 soaking wet completely own guys weighing 200+...some were due to training, others were on drugs. NEVER underestimate a potential opponent.

You did right in the scenario, be proud you were aware & handled it properly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom