Slidell meet and great

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I will likely be there as well... my idea is more of a "neighborhood meeting," so to speak. The NRA venue is fine.. and no reason to do both :)

How about Dinner?

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?113017-NORTHSHORE-Friends-of-NRA-Dinner-and-Auction

If you haven't been before, this is just a bunch of like minded guys enjoying a catfish dinner and a fun evening. I know there's a number of guys here that attend each year, and it goes to a great cause.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    So far, looking good for me on Sat morning. I have no offshore scheduled yet.

For now, I'm thinking 9:30am at Big Easy Diner. Sound OK?

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    works for me. Only problem I would see is that it's one big open restaurant and I don't know if they'll reserve a section for us. Have you checked to see if that's do-able on their (Big Easy Diner's) end?

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    works for me. Only problem I would see is that it's one big open restaurant and I don't know if they'll reserve a section for us. Have you checked to see if that's do-able on their (Big Easy Diner's) end?

I just called and they said it won't be a problem. No reservation necessary.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Oh thanks for calling.

I figure there may be ten max to show up.

If anyone shows up late, no biggie. I'm sure we'll end up staying longer than an hour, so showing up at 1030 isn't a prob

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I would like to come but alas, it's moving day for me. Maybe if you do it again in the future. Hope it goes well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I'm checking in... made it back to Slidell this evening. I'm on ca, but looks like no offshore work till after the weekend.

So I'll be at Big Easy Diner about 9:30. What I'll do is get an area set for about 8 people. Just come in and ask for David's table.

Hope to see a couple of Slidell shooters. :)

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Meant to make it, but decided to take the opportunity to take the boy fishing tomorrow morning. Have fun, guys. Hope to make it another time.

I'll be at Honey Island Sunday evening if any of you head out that way.

Last edited:

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    We had a good meet and greet at Big Easy Diner. It was based on quality and not quantity (there were three of us). Great to meet David and Roger. David, thanks for initiating this.
    -Paul

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Wish the turnout had been better. Had I known how fishing was going to be this morning, I'd just have brought my son with me and met with you guys.

Next time.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Thanks! It was great to meet fellow shooters from the neighborhood. We had good conversation and good food. Three is a good turnout for something like this.

We may try to do this again next month and meet at the range instead. I just enjoyed meeting new people.. and even though Paul is ex-Coast Guard, he actually turned out to be a good guy. ;)

dglough

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    Damn it. JUST seeing this. Woulda come. Great idea. Did however make it to the gun show at the Castine Center.

I'll pay better attention for next meetup planning.

Top Bottom