Smith and wesson new Bodyguards

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    IMO there are too many sharp edges on that .380......

I also don't like the tiny grips on the J-Frame. It's more comfortable to have my pinky hanging off than it is to squeeze all 4 in that tiny space.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    The 380 looks like it would be a great pocket pistol. I've shot the LCR a bit and it's not too bad. I hope the grip on the S&W are a bit fatter. I saw that it came with a grip extension on the S&W so it might be a bit more ergonomic.... Hopefully, I will be able to afford it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The Bodyguard 380 is lame. The thumb safety is stupid, how the hell are you gonna disengage that tiny thing when it matters? Having a laser that requires manual operation is lame.

I'd take a Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace over that thing any day. Maybe S&W could bribe me into buying one though... :mamoru:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    The Bodyguard 380 is lame. The thumb safety is stupid, how the hell are you gonna disengage that tiny thing when it matters? Having a laser that requires manual operation is lame.

I'd take a Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace over that thing any day. Maybe S&W could bribe me into buying one though... :mamoru:

I would not buy either one, but I bet others will. The safety is difficult. The S&W rep said it is more for "when at home around kids" than it is for carrying.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    It says "ambidextrous laser operation"...but how the hell is it activated? Is it an on/off switch or pressure switch?

a soft button on either side activated by heavy pressure/pressing. One press is solid laser, a second one is for a pulse laser.

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I miss my 638 Bodyguard.:( I hope I run into the person that stole it so I can tell him that the Taurus 85 I have to carry is a little heavier than that Bodyguard.....yeah,that's what I'd do.:rolleyes: Seriously,I would consider that new.38 Bodyguard but not the .380. I think I'll end up buying the "old" Bodyguard first before I buy the new one.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There need to be less .380's and more 9mm's.

Yup, that is why I'm such a fan of Kahr Arms. Although when I run at night in my neighborhood, it is nice to put my Ruger LCP in my back pocket inside its Galco pocket holster.

I clicked on the new products brochure and noticed that they are making a bunch of new J frams including some with 2.5 inch barrels. They also have the threaded AR 22 listed finally.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    That ambidextrous cylinder release on the .38 will get rave reviews for sure, as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not that it's a bad idea, it's just that I can hear all the sappy reviews by the writers in the ever-so-repetitive gun magazines and it makes my teeth itch.

As for the tiny safey on the .380, so what? No one says that if it's there you have to use it. If carried properly the safety being off won't matter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom