Snake infestation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smiml7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2023
    Oh
    Anyone know how to get snakes out of a house? I’m looking at a house that has been empty for several years. The home has some water damage but otherwise in decent condition. I was looking in the the crawl space and attic and there are hundreds if not more snake skins.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I have heard moth balls will repel them. Apparently they don't like the smell. Not sure how many it would take to repel them, and too many will leave a noticeable odor to the occupants too. Possibly once you (or someone) occupies the house, they will find another place to live.

Smiml7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2023
    Oh
    I don’t have a snake phobia but with that many, I’m not going to be the one occupying it until they’re gone lol.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Anyone know how to get snakes out of a house? I’m looking at a house that has been empty for several years. The home has some water damage but otherwise in decent condition. I was looking in the the crawl space and attic and there are hundreds if not more snake skins.
    Put a king snake in there. They will keep all other snakes away from the house, guaranteed.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Remember, one snake will leave many 'skins' over the years. They molt frequently.

Whatever snake, (snakes), it is, it's likely been doing you a favor by controlling critters that would do real damage to the property.
    I've never seen a snake do any damage, except that caused by people trying to kill the snake.

Snakes smell their way around with their tongues . That's why mothballs work. Eliminating the food supply will help with a voluntary eviction as well.

Get a skin and have someone tell you what kind of snake you are dealing with.
    If it is venomous, I'd likely try to ruin it's day.
    Non venomous I'd try to chase away, after I got rid of whatever it's eating.
    I'd rather live with a snake than mice.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Moth balls and other repellants positively do not work! Moth balls are toxic to the environment. Do not use.
    You know what else is really toxic to someone’s environment? Hundreds of snakes in an attic lol. If the mothballs worked being toxic to the environment would be the least of my concerns. Hell I’d probably sit in my diesel truck revving it up as I had the gas stove running inside all at the same time while I was waiting on the mothballs to do their magic. Craziness I know and most heads would explode just from reading this post alone….

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I tried googling and couldn’t find anything. You got me on this one and it’s driving me crazy trying to figure it out lol
    They are used in demo explosives and sometimes movie sets for controlled explosion enhancement. They sublimate from solid to gas and their vapors are seriously flammable. Combine with an oxygenated environment and the fireball is awesome. And no, I am not telling you how to do it :eek3:

Smiml7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2023
    Oh
    Remember, one snake will leave many 'skins' over the years. They molt frequently.

Whatever snake, (snakes), it is, it's likely been doing you a favor by controlling critters that would do real damage to the property.
    I've never seen a snake do any damage, except that caused by people trying to kill the snake.

Snakes smell their way around with their tongues . That's why mothballs work. Eliminating the food supply will help with a voluntary eviction as well.

Get a skin and have someone tell you what kind of snake you are dealing with.
    If it is venomous, I'd likely try to ruin it's day.
    Non venomous I'd try to chase away, after I got rid of whatever it's eating.
    I'd rather live with a snake than mice.
    They’re black snakes. Harmless I know, but I wouldn’t want them in my home while I’m fixing it up if I decide to buy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom