So I finally have 2 RTF Glock 19s,

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    You guys crack me up. You get a decent gun like the glock, then chop it up and waste all that time and money modding it when you could spend the money on some training and actually learn to shoot a stock glock properly.

Yes, I just said that. I said that training is better than throwing money at a gun.

I like stirring the pot.

Seriously, I like the rtf glocks, I have a 171 and a 19, but my 19 does not have the gills. I like the gills, they look cool, not sure if the work any better than the std glock slide cuts. The glock frame fits my hands, so I guess I should just shut up and let the girly-hand guys get on with this thread...

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    You guys crack me up. You get a decent gun like the glock, then chop it up and waste all that time and money modding it when you could spend the money on some training and actually learn to shoot a stock glock properly.

Yes, I just said that. I said that training is better than throwing money at a gun.

I like stirring the pot.

Seriously, I like the rtf glocks, I have a 171 and a 19, but my 19 does not have the gills. I like the gills, they look cool, not sure if the work any better than the std glock slide cuts. The glock frame fits my hands, so I guess I should just shut up and let the girly-hand guys get on with this thread...

I have small hands. I can't help it. The removal of finger grooves makes a big difference.

JR1572

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have small hands. I can't help it. The removal of finger grooves makes a big difference.

JR1572

This is the case for me. Can we be friends?

James will just never understand what it's like to have small hands. If you haven't met him, he's about 7 feet tall with gorilla hands. If I remember correctly he CC's a Desert Eagle .44 mag because everything else is too small for his grip. He does have really small feet though. Oh, and cute shoes.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

I like stirring the pot.

Because for a lot of people, other than the grip the Glock is the best handgun. I always like Glocks. The trigger is perfect for a defensive pistol, and the reliability has been more than proven. The Glock was always my "handgun of choice", but because of the damned grip I went through several other platforms as a compromise. Turns out it was easier to make a Glock fit my hand than trying to make an XD or M&P perform like a Glock (which, it turns out, is impossible).

And your "throwing money at a gun" argument is invalid, I didn't pay ****! :D

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

JR1572

I understand, it took me a while to come around to the finger groove gen 3 glocks.

?

James will just never understand what it's like to have small hands. If you haven't met him, he's about 7 feet tall with gorilla hands. If I remember correctly he CC's a Desert Eagle .44 mag because everything else is too small for his grip. He does have really small feet though. Oh, and cute shoes.

HAHA, I have regular hands. Well maybe they look big compared to yours. I have an xl size palm, but shorter fingers. So I do have some issues with grip circumference at times. I do not have any issues shooting most guns, including the DE. Must be the strong hands/arms I have, even though that does not matter...

Because for a lot of people, other than the grip the Glock is the best handgun. I always like Glocks. The trigger is perfect for a defensive pistol, and the reliability has been more than proven. The Glock was always my "handgun of choice", but because of the damned grip I went through several other platforms as a compromise. Turns out it was easier to make a Glock fit my hand than trying to make an XD or M&P perform like a Glock (which, it turns out, is impossible).

And your "throwing money at a gun" argument is invalid, I didn't pay ****! :D

Time = money, dawg...

I am just playing devils advocate here! All the "experts" always say training is key, so I figured I would make the argument!!! (not saying I am an "expert", far from it). I always figured that a gun that "fit the hand well" was a good start, but there are many variables out there to consider, so fit may not be so important. Especially when we have the "stipler to the stars" in our own backyard!

I like glocks right out of the box, maybe a tactical file fit ghost connector (5lb), or some different sights. But they just shoot well for me as is. The rtfs feel the best, but I do not shoot them any better, at least as far as I can tell.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Time = money, dawg...

I am just playing devils advocate here! All the "experts" always say training is key, so I figured I would make the argument!!! (not saying I am an "expert", far from it). I always figured that a gun that "fit the hand well" was a good start, but there are many variables out there to consider, so fit may not be so important. Especially when we have the "stipler to the stars" in our own backyard!

I like glocks right out of the box, maybe a tactical file fit ghost connector (5lb), or some different sights. But they just shoot well for me as is. The rtfs feel the best, but I do not shoot them any better, at least as far as I can tell.

I hear ya Big J, I know where you were coming from, and you are right for the most part. If I had to pay $250+ for a grip reduction, I'd still be shooting M&Ps. Other than that, sights and an OEM 3.5 connector are the only thing done to my Glocks.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It should be finished soon according to Speedracer!

JR1572

Yep it's ready. He just texted me pictures. He said he got lazy with the stippling so he just put a condom on it.
    101_2487.JPG

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Soon! I already started on the RTF. It is strange, almost like the polymer blend is different or thinner. Rare or not, the RTF texture sucks and it will be a huge improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom