So Now I Own Two Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Thought I'd never own a Glock, then I bought a 43X. After comparing size to capacity, it was a no brainer. I shoot it well enough. The dingus in the middle irritates my trigger finger.
    It's no 1911, but if I lost it, I wouldn't care. It's just a Glock.

Well, I've been wanting something for Bear when I travel and hike, so
    A Gen 2 G29 in the Lunchbox with papers and cleaning rod/brush.
    1690417925222.png

Comes with half a dozen magazines and an IWB holster.
    I paid a price I'm happy with.

So my question would be, . . .
    Am I committing some kind of sacrilege in the Glock 'o sphere ? Desecrating a relic of Austrian Perfection by carrying and shooting it ? Does anyone collect 'old' Glocks ?

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I have a 29 for CCW when bird hunting in big woods like WI. (Bears and wolves) The extended mag makes a big difference as you get a much better grip. Recoil isn’t that bad…for a few shots! Get real ammo like Underwood. I also have a G20 for deer and general farm carry, where shots could be a little long.
    And to answer the question, I sure don’t collect them. They are for shooting.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have a 29 for CCW when bird hunting in big woods like WI. (Bears and wolves) The extended mag makes a big difference as you get a much better grip. Recoil isn’t that bad…for a few shots! Get real ammo like Underwood. I also have a G20 for deer and general farm carry, where shots could be a little long.
    And to answer the question, I sure don’t collect them. They are for shooting.
    I was planning on loading a heavy bullet cast from linotype. Powder coating , and pushing it hard.
    It should be fairly stout.

Edit: I just found Hornady FMJ Flat Point 180gr stupid cheap, so I ordered 500 of those.

Last edited:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Thought I'd never own a Glock, then I bought a 43X. After comparing size to capacity, it was a no brainer. I shoot it well enough. The dingus in the middle irritates my trigger finger.

View attachment 143611

Am I committing some kind of sacrilege in the Glock 'o sphere ? Desecrating a relic of Austrian Perfection by carrying and shooting it ? Does anyone collect 'old' Glocks ?
    I love that!!! I made a trade with a guy around 10 years ago for a Gen 1 Glock 17 and I hated it because it couldn’t hold a weapon light. Dumb me got rid of it. I should have put tha thing away… Good purchase in my eyes!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I never liked Glocks and still don't. Never thought I'd ever have one. I now have three. There's no escaping that they are very efficient, capable, reliable, and affordable tools.
    Exactly

I was going to order a Charter Arms Bulldog XL in .45 Colt.
    Then this came along.
    Would've been cheaper to order the Bulldog.
    Dies, Brass, Projectiles, Molds, Shell Holders, etc

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    Considering sending the slide to get cut for an RMR.
    Consider a Leupold DeltaPoint Micro ... it fits in the rear sight dovetail. The window is small, but it keeps it low profile.
    I just added one to my G19 and I saw improvement with dry fire on Mantis scores, but haven't been to range with it yet.

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La

View attachment 143611

I have changed to aftermarket flat triggers on my 3. Don't want to adverise but don't "overwatch the polydat" (hint) (hint).

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I refuse to mod any of my Glocks besides metal sights. I'm too afraid it will hurt reliability. I can not out shoot the stock trigger anyway.

Instead of modding one of my good Glocks, I decided to do a p80 build so I didnt have to spend $600ish on a new gun then not use most of the parts. It worked out great. I see no reason to cerakote the slide unless it is for cosmetic reasons. My old g27 (gen 3) has a good bit of wear and it does not rust.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I refuse to mod any of my Glocks besides metal sights. I'm too afraid it will hurt reliability. I can not out shoot the stock trigger anyway.

Instead of modding one of my good Glocks, I decided to do a p80 build so I didnt have to spend $600ish on a new gun then not use most of the parts. It worked out great. I see no reason to cerakote the slide unless it is for cosmetic reasons. My old g27 (gen 3) has a good bit of wear and it does not rust.
    I own "a few" and refuse to modify them in any way. I won't even put non-OEM springs in them.
    It's about reliability in function to protect life and limb, not pizzazz.
    Reliability, durability, longevity.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    If I were hiking and needed a personal firearm for protection against Bear and such I would have to get a large caliber revolver at least 357 magnum or better a 44 mag with 4 inch long barrel or more. I just don't think even the "Mighty 10MM" is as powerful. Just my .02 cents.

Top Bottom