SOLD: Norinco NHM-91 RPK style AK, pre-AWB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This is a pre-AWB AK made by Norinco in China. It’s in the RPK style and has a beautiful wood handguard and thumbhole stock set made by Bishop (Made in USA but OEM to the rifle). While the MAK-90 is relatively scarce the NHM-91 is really rare. Due to its larger size it was sold in fewer numbers. I’ve only seen one other ever offered on this site. The barrel is a heavier “match grade” 20” barrel according to the reference book I’m using. The rifle has an integral, collapsible bi-pod and a threaded muzzle with a non-welded muzzle nut. The nut can be easily removed and a brake/flash hider added without having to thread the barrel.

Everything on the gun is stock and it’s in like new condition as you can see. I doubt very much that it’s ever had a round fired through it. The NHM-91 has a rivet installed under the receiver which forces the operator to use magazines that have had a slot milled into the tang to clear the rivet. This was done in order to sell these “special” magazines, not for compliance purposes. The rivet can be ground off the receiver and any magazine can then be used. It comes with one 30rd magazine that has the milled tang. The original sticker is still on the magazine which is why I think the rifle is in unfired condition.

I bought this rifle from a friend and fellow collector late last year. My friend was a collector who bought a lot of guns as the Clinton AWB was going into effect. I assume this was for investment purposes as most were unfired or never left the safe. This gun was purchased by him in June of 1994. He purchased it from a dealer so I assume he bought it new but he didn’t have the box for it. Since purchasing this gun I have not fired it so I can’t tell you how well it shoots. The Norinco guns are known for being good shooters for those that aren’t familiar with them. They are factory built, not made from de-commissioned rifles as most other post-ban rifles are.

This rifle comes with everything in the picture plus the gas port tool which I forget to put in the photo. This includes the factory 30rd magazine, cleaning rod, cleaning kit, oil bottle, canvas sling and gas port tool. Click on the thumbnail pictures to see the full resolution image for greater detail.

My selling price is $750 OBO, cash, FTF in the Baton Rouge area. Not really looking for trades but if you have something to trade feel free to offer. I’ll try and answer any questions to the best of my ability. You can contact me by PM or my username @ bayoushooter.com.

922r information: Since the rifle is pre-ban (Clinton ban, not the 89 Bush ban), and in a “sporter” configuration, it can remain as is without needing compliance parts. If you want to take it out of “sporter” configuration then you would need to remove three foreign “named” parts. Since the stock set is already US made replacing it with an all US furniture set won’t replace any foreign parts. But replacing the furniture with a US set AND replacing the three piece FCG (i.e. with a Tapco) would do the trick. If you add a muzzle brake/flash hider it would also have to be US made.

Last edited:

Bobcat32

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Hmm I didn't know that part about the acceptance of magazines.I have 3 of the nhm91s and They all accept any mags.I guess they did the work for me.Nice original gun you have.Good luck on the sale.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom