Something I Noticed (Part Deux)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Since becoming a forum member and taking part in some discussions on USPSA shooting. I've noticed we are having more Law Enforcement officers come in to shoot with us, not only for the pratice sessions but at the matches as well. I for one think this is great. I would like to see this trend continue and grow. The more L/E involvement we have the better. Is there something we as a group can do to get more L/E officers to come in? I am sure we can accomadate most request. If someone from the L/E side can give us some suggestions on what can be done to get more L/E folks out to shoot just list them here or send me a PM and I will get back to you.

As for the practice sessions this Monday at Precision and Wed. at the Range, I will not be there for ya'lls amusement. Some folks have to work for a living. I'm not really one but they do make me show up from time to time. So if you want some steel to play with let me know and I can drop some off or send it with Brandon. Have a good time and I'll see ya'll next week.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311 :)

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Glad to see someone likes having us JBT's around, the range is gonna get crowded since everyone will have to bring their lawyers...

I enjoy the monday night sessions, gives me some extra trigger time to do more than stand still and punch paper. I was thinking for stages that dont involve steel but require reloads I might start loading mags with the exact number needed so that I can practice my real-world empty gun reloads. I don't think I'll be speed reloading a mag that still has 10 rds in it on the street and am not sure I want to get in the habit of reloading and not having to hit the slide release.

Gonna try and make it after work tomorrow long as I dont get hung up on something that keeps me over. I'll probably change clothes in the bathroom or something lol

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Glad to see someone likes having us JBT's around, the range is gonna get crowded since everyone will have to bring their lawyers...

I enjoy the monday night sessions, gives me some extra trigger time to do more than stand still and punch paper. I was thinking for stages that dont involve steel but require reloads I might start loading mags with the exact number needed so that I can practice my real-world empty gun reloads. I don't think I'll be speed reloading a mag that still has 10 rds in it on the street and am not sure I want to get in the habit of reloading and not having to hit the slide release.

Gonna try and make it after work tomorrow long as I dont get hung up on something that keeps me over. I'll probably change clothes in the bathroom or something lol

Like Superman. :D

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    indeed. not to dis the cops out there but i think most of them need all the practice they can get. ive met to many cops out there that couldnt hit the x ring of a b27 target from 10 yards away.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    indeed. not to dis the cops out there but i think most of them need all the practice they can get. ive met to many cops out there that couldnt hit the x ring of a b27 target from 10 yards away.

Hell theres probably a ton of self proclaimed "gun guys" around here who couldn't do that.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I have started traveling with my lawyer everywhere I go.. Just incase I run into a police officer...

It sucks sometimes and I think he may get turned on when he is on the back of my bike.. (something is in my back and I dont even want to think about what it is..)
    But I think its worth it .. Incase I run into a JBT.. I want to be prepared..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    To Narco,

No department that I am aware of has such a team. The only group that would send out a team was the Border Patrol and that wasn't from around here. I read that in one of the gun rags. It would be up to individual officres to approach their departments with using this as a trainging aid. Maybe they could get some departments to compete against each other. I know our tactics suck but that doesn't mean to say the whole idea of using this as training is bad. It teaches one to think on their feet, to change plans in an instant due to circumstances and it puts the shooter in a stressful enviroment. I would think we as a group would be willing to help any department but it would be up to the different groups to ask for assistance.

To TG-1,

To drop a 1/2 full mag is not the best idea but what we are doing is trying to teach, is how to reload on the move and not wait until the gun goes empty to stand there and then make a reload. If only putting enough round in your gun to complete each section of a course is better for you, than by all means do it, it's training for each individual, what ever rocks your socks and gives you a warm and fussy felling.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Your correct. BD. as it comes down to self initiated and usually self funded activities. Thats why we should have "Bring a friend to shoot day!"

I am sure some politician would say, if the police are doing it, then the comments and or advise taken by the police would create a liability for the department. bla bla bla

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    +1. You might have one more reload but reloading on the move is alot faster than waiting til empty to reload.

Kade, you can do like I do sometimes and reload on a loaded mag but still rack the slide. :rofl:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    there are several departments that still have pistol teams. The thing is, they mainly shoot PPC (Police Pistol Combat). Those teams normally make up the gun bunker freaks.
    Every shooting sport around has a LE division.

But with them already being occupied on days off with say court or training or other things, it stretches them thin. To some, days off are valuable.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'd shoot every match if the office picked up the ammo tab. They would probably only send swat guys and firearms instructors, and I dont want to be swat right now and they wont let me be an instructor.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    I'd shoot every match if the office picked up the ammo tab. They would probably only send swat guys and firearms instructors, and I dont want to be swat right now and they wont let me be an instructor.

:wtc:........your mising out, There are other good shifts out there. Heck you could even come up north.:rofl:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Have you asked your department/instructor if they would supply ammo for this type of training? Some instructors would be glad to have their guys shoot anything. They may have a surplus and don't mind letting you have some if you don't get really wild with it. I do know of a couple of departments that will give officers ammo to do off-site training. But, you have to ask first. You might also ask your instructors to come out to one of our practice nights or to one of the local matches to see if this would be of any benefit to the department. Anything is worth a try. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom