Something i Noticed...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Like some of the others said. They are shooting "race" guns. They have alot more money in their gun than you do. Its not just that he was shooting a Steel gun. Dave S. shoots a Glock and his is set up as a race gun also. Little recoil to deal with. They use compensators, recoil buffers and a host of other things that help with things like recoil.

They also shoot thousands and thousands of rounds so they are very skilled with the firearm they choose.

True at Homie.:cool:

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    Like some of the others said. They are shooting "race" guns. They have alot more money in their gun than you do. Its not just that he was shooting a Steel gun. Dave S. shoots a Glock and his is set up as a race gun also. Little recoil to deal with. They use compensators, recoil buffers and a host of other things that help with things like recoil.

They also shoot thousands and thousands of rounds so they are very skilled with the firearm they choose.

Recoil Buffers help? I didn't know that...I'll have to give it a shot. Just picking, but the only thing you were correct on is we shoot thousands of rounds each year.

The pistol in my Avatar is highly modified. It has a slide that has been lightened to make it lighter so it will handle a bit quicker. (that doesn't help with recoil) A good 2.5# trigger and a fiber optic sight that I'm going to change back to a plain Iron sight. My Single Stack gun is a very old (60 Vintage) Colt National Match frame with a old WWII Remington slide and barrel. The barrel was welded up and then filed down to fit by Col. Tony Baccula of the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office. He also put King's fixed sights on it. This old "Highly Modified" pistol shoots pretty good considering it has mainly old GI parts, other than the trigger group which is stock Colt.

Our loads are pretty hot and have to meet a certain standard to keep us in the major categories. The Power Factor is 165 or better for major and 125 for minor. Most Winchester White Box 9 mm is 125 to 130 Power Factor.

We do this because we love to shoot and the comaradery at the matches cannot be beat.

There are more bone stock guns there than "Race Guns" and you can compete and do well with a stock Glock. You'll be shooting against guys/gals that have the same equipment as you. By the way, Dave Sevigny, Jessie Abbate, and Randi Rogers are all Glock Sponsored shooters. Dave and Randi shoot stock Glocks in the Production Division and must follow the guidelines like you and I. Their guns are stock with the exception of sights and polished trigger group. Jessie competes in Limited with her Glock 24. Trigger job, sights, and mag well complete her modifications.

There are many misconceptions connected with competitive action shooting. Mainly because someone thought he was a great pistolero until he came and shot one of the matches and didn't do as well as expected. His excuse is that we were shooting "highly modified" guns and he didn't see the need or didn't have the money to compete.

If you go and play Golf, bowl, shoot a bow and arrow, or play tennis for the first time you are not going to do as well as someone trained in that sport. But you go back and try again and again and you eventually get better. For some reason in the shooting sport the ego get in the way and blame is placed everywhere except on the shooter himself.

Come out to some of the matches with an open mind and learn to shoot better or teach us to shoot better. I am already to learn to shoot better, are you?

Come on out....

Buddy

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

Yeah.... no.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA

You are wrong again. Dave Sevingy shoots a box stock Glock with just the rear sight changed to one he designed. No trigger job or anything else. The only time he shoots a race gun is if he is shooting in open class. My Para and CZ are just about as stock. All I have done is a trigger job and changed the recoil spring and shock buffer (which is an aluminum one, not rubber). Practice, Practice, Practice.

Top Bottom