speeding Ticket from mobile speed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I noticed the one in Sulphur today was parked at a school zone but no one was in it. They supposedly have in the ordinance that they will mail a ticket for anything 3 mph over the limit. I too wonder if it went to the U.S. Supreme court if all of that would be legal. The company in Sulphur that has a contract with the city is from Australia. Can I go to Australia and run a speed van in one of their cities?

Just as you see in COPS on tv I wonder if a drunk will run his dump truck into the speed van eventually. Plus, they say it is a Civil penalty, not a Criminal penalty if the speed van sends you a ticket, but if you don't pay they will suspend your drivers license. Also, you can't go to court and contest the ticket, ytou can only go to "mediation". What's that??????? Having a face to face with a Kangaroo????

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    The units in Livingston have people in them and they move them periodically. If you go to court and claim your right to face your accuser the person that was in the unit shows up to verify the info.

umm Negative! LSP todl the CIVILIAN in the van to move it off the interstate! REDFLEX is the company doing these. They operate the vans not LEO's

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I noticed the one in Sulphur today was parked at a school zone but no one was in it. They supposedly have in the ordinance that they will mail a ticket for anything 3 mph over the limit. I too wonder if it went to the U.S. Supreme court if all of that would be legal. The company in Sulphur that has a contract with the city is from Australia. Can I go to Australia and run a speed van in one of their cities?

Just as you see in COPS on tv I wonder if a drunk will run his dump truck into the speed van eventually. Plus, they say it is a Civil penalty, not a Criminal penalty if the speed van sends you a ticket, but if you don't pay they will suspend your drivers license. Also, you can't go to court and contest the ticket, ytou can only go to "mediation". What's that??????? Having a face to face with a Kangaroo????

thats the same compnay.. REDFLEX
    http://www.redflex.com/

Over the last decade, the Redflex Holdings Group has established itself as a world leader in traffic enforcement products and services, developing world leading enforcement camera technology, owning and operating the largest network of digital speed and red-light cameras in the world.

The Group is based in South Melbourne, Victoria, where it runs its own systems engineering operations, system integration technologies and Innovation Centre for research and development. An in-house team of engineers is supported by experienced managerial, financial and administrative personnel.

Redflex Holdings Limited was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in January 1997.

mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    This was a jeep liberty parked in holden that gave me a ticket. I think this whole thing is bull ****. I don't see a court date on the ticket But I do see that it came from out of state Ohio I think.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I guess i missunderstood your post, like you misunderstood the rumor:mamoru:

LOL. I've been wrong more times than you can add up on a calculator in my short life. There going to have to make some bigger numbers for my mistakes.

If anyone wants to take it out I can supply some API rounds. :mamoru:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Hey, people said that they wanted the Red Light cameras, why the bitching about the Speeding cameras?

Same thing, same company...Another British influence here in the US...

Moltov Cocktails are very under used in the USA.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    I almost got nailed by the red light camera at Vets. and Clearview last night. I was in the right hand lane going about 25 / 30. Traffic was moving slowly. The speed limit is 40. The light changed yellow just as I came to it and there was no way I could have stopped before entering the intersection. By the time I reached the middle of the intersection I knew if I continued at that speed I was going to be caught by the camera running a red light…. so I jammed the accelerator to the floor. I was doing almost 60 when I cleared the other side off the intersection. Yep those cameras sure are making the street safer.

My wife got nailed three months ago the same way by the same camera only she didn't nail the accelerator.

It’s not about safety it’s about money. :madfawk:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I almost got nailed by the red light camera at Vets. and Clearview last night. I was in the right hand lane going about 25 / 30. Traffic was moving slowly. The speed limit is 40. The light changed yellow just as I came to it and there was no way I could have stopped before entering the intersection. By the time I reached the middle of the intersection I knew if I continued at that speed I was going to be caught by the camera running a red light…. so I jammed the accelerator to the floor. I was doing almost 60 when I cleared the other side off the intersection. Yep those cameras sure are making the street safer.

My wife got nailed three months ago the same way by the same camera only she didn't nail the accelerator.

It’s not about safety it’s about money. :madfawk:

Its about safe money. :hs:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Don't get me started on the redlight cameras. My wife got rearended last month and is still suffering. I'm convinced the girl behind her floored it trying to beat the redlight camera when she hit my wife.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    Its about safe money. :hs:

You sure got that right. I see people run the red on St. Charles crossing Louisiana Av. almost every night and not get flashed while vehicles crossing St. Charles on a green do get flashed. Same thing has happened several times on Earheart Blvd. and Carrolton Ave. It’s all about safety? Yep, auha, sure! System seems to be working really really well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    Don't get me started on the redlight cameras. My wife got rearended last month and is still suffering. I'm convinced the girl behind her floored it trying to beat the redlight camera when she hit my wife.

I understand. I’ve locked up the breaks several times to keep from entering the intersection when a light catches me right in the right spot if you know what I mean. I’m waiting for someone to drive up under my truck.

Hope your wife feels better soon.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    The ones here in Sulphur are being told that they will have to pay for the tickets if they exceed XX mph.

Complete crap if you ask me. If they've got to get somewhere, let them get there as quickly and as safely as possible.

Oh, and their **** don't stink either!!! :eek3:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    The ones here in Sulphur are being told that they will have to pay for the tickets if they exceed XX mph.

Complete crap if you ask me. If they've got to get somewhere, let them get there as quickly and as safely as possible.

Oh, and their **** don't stink either!!! :eek3:

I think y'all are misunderstanding that. If emergency vehicles are "caught" the picture is evaluated, if they are "running code" it's automatically thrown out. If no lights are visible they either check the radio log or ask the driver to explain and go from there (depending on agency policy). It's not to impede an emergency vehicle on a legitimate call.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    How do those cameras work on multiple lanes with lots of traffic, say at school zones during going to or from school? How does it catch the vehicles on the other side of the street, going side by side and bumper to bumper? Or do they.

Top Bottom