speeding Ticket from mobile speed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that would have happewned even without the camera.:(

I don't think so. She was just s of veterans on causeway and had just cleared the intersection (along side the Shell station if you're familiar w/ the area). veh 2 cleared the intersection then hit her. veh 2 wouln't have accelerated if not trying to clear it. There wasn't any traffic coming to avoid immediately.
    Is it possible to check to see if a ticket was issued if you're not the person involved?

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    Fight fire with fire. Get a www.loover.com

Would appear to comply with Louisiana law:

RS 47:507 Display of plate

"Every permanent registration license plate shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle to which it is assigned, so as to prevent the plate from swinging, and at a height not less than twelve inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained free from foreign materials and in a condition to be clearly legible."

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Fight fire with fire. Get a www.loover.com

Would appear to comply with Louisiana law:

RS 47:507 Display of plate

"Every permanent registration license plate shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle to which it is assigned, so as to prevent the plate from swinging, and at a height not less than twelve inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained free from foreign materials and in a condition to be clearly legible."

Look for them to be outlawed soon enough, lol.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't think so. She was just s of veterans on causeway and had just cleared the intersection (along side the Shell station if you're familiar w/ the area). veh 2 cleared the intersection then hit her. veh 2 wouln't have accelerated if not trying to clear it. There wasn't any traffic coming to avoid immediately.
    Is it possible to check to see if a ticket was issued if you're not the person involved?

No, they won't give you that.

What I meant was, the person beghind her was obviously trying to beat the light. I doubt they would have decided to stop if there wasn't a camera. They were gonna run it anyway, They sped up more than likely to not be broadsided them selves.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    The cameras in the SUVs can monitor up to four lanes of traffic simultaneously. They use a variety of vehicle detection systems, including radar (K and Ka bands) and LIDAR.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    What you all should be asking is, where on your drivers license or license plate, when issued at the DMV did you sign a Fair Credit Act form stating that your information could be furnished to a company for civil fines. + the fact that this company is not public held and is based in Australia. Your personal information could be compromised on a global scale. (i.e. Identity Theft). Personally I do not recall the signing said documents. You even sign this form, either in writing or digitally when purchasing automotive insurance, but at the DMV, nope. So now the State will need to furish all drivers with a copy of their credit reports on an annual basis.

The other thing I would like to know is that who is furnishing the company with your information, DMV info on a local level. There has to be some cooperation from the state so that they can obtain that information, but that would be privileged information only available to LEO's and DMV personnel.

Lastly, there are no warning, unlike the intersection with Red Light Cameras. I think they should have to post a sign up, (folding hwy sign min of 6'x6' high vis yellow reflective) Warning drivers that a certain road is photo enforced.

Last week while returning from Amite, I saw it sitting on Juban and I-12 WB underneath the overpass. Traffic was thick and moving at 70mph in a posted 60mph. Thing probably ran out of HDD space in a matter of an hour.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    i got a ticket in the mail the other day for doing 70 in a 60..in the video you can tell i was just flowing with traffic..

im pissed it was a nice picture (just washed the truck) but it cost $100!!

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Roger that, sir...

im kind of pissed of about it. iirc the CHIEF of Denham PD asked for it to be dismissed.

while i know what goes on behind CLOSED doors, i think that is chickenshit for ANY police officer, even the chief to do so in this manner. i believe the law allows police to enforce the laws as written. once the ticket was written, then it should GO TO COURT. a JUDGE decides if the charge is valid. he can order his men to NOT write anymore until the JUDGE decides..... i dont believe it should be legal for
    The police department and the sheriff's office have an agreement allowing the speed van to sit on the shoulder as long as it is working.

change the law, adopt an ordinance allowing redflex to do so. i think it shows favoritism and unprofessionalism. i bet redflex doesnt check the radar at every shift, and i dont believe they man the van, which IMO renders all tickets illegal.

maybe ill start another thread.

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    from whom? if its the livingston redflex im looking into fighting them....

Yup it was in Livingston from redflex i am suspected of doing 70 in a 60..

How are you planning on fighting them?

I think that the speeding thing is BS. At least with they red light tickets you can see when the light turned red

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    mind sending me the link in a pm?

im radar certified and a licenesed PI, and accident reconstruction trained. i have about 4 different ways of going....

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I bet if the Redflex was an off duty detail you wouldn't hear ppl bitching. Especially if Redflex. Their $$ figure per hour is ridiculous. Then it would be a LEO in the vehicle.

What is the traffic volume on I-12 at any given time between 0600-1400 1400-2200

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I guess now somebody will need to start a business to certify speedometers. No telling how fast we are really going.

My GPS says I'm doing about 2.5 mph faster than the speedometer.

Top Bottom