Spikes Nickel Boron BCG

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have ordered quite a few items from red x and they have always come thru in a timely manner. I have a few bcg ordered from various vendors so I will see who gets me one 1st.

Last edited:

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Anyone here that has personal experience with a NiB plated BCG? Recently ordered a stock replacement bolt and repair kit and saw these advertised. I assume running the NiB ones well lubed would still be recommended, so are they actually worth the cost?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I ordered one, was lost in shipping and can't get red x arms to call me back or email me back so they can open a trace up on it or refund my money. There customer service is really not looking good for me.

ShooT_SpoTs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Baton rouge, La
    I ordered a upper (in stock) from them Dec 24 and havent heard or recieved any additional email other then the initial order confirmation. My card has not been charged so Im just hoping that they will get to it.
    They are constantly changing their shipping times on the main internet page. And seem to be saying Not to call or email them in BIG BOLD RED letters on the website.
    I hope everything works out ... fingers crossed

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I ordered a upper (in stock) from them Dec 24 and havent heard or recieved any additional email other then the initial order confirmation. My card has not been charged so Im just hoping that they will get to it.
    They are constantly changing their shipping times on the main internet page. And seem to be saying Not to call or email them in BIG BOLD RED letters on the website.
    I hope everything works out ... fingers crossed

This.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Well I'm contacting my cc company to fight for a refund, red x arms is the most unprofessional company I have dealt with so far in the firearm industry. I called them right after UPS said they would need the shipper to initiate the trace on the package. I have called UPS with the tracking info trying to find the package. They need to contact UPS, I have told red x arms, they respond with this;

"call UPS and give them the tracking. They have it not us. They will find it if you call and give them the tracking info."

They can't be serious, if this is how they do business then they have business taking orders.

ShooT_SpoTs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Baton rouge, La
    Wow that is unfortunate and unexcusable. I agree and think alot of these small companies have no business continuing taking orders if they cant handle the increased demand for their products .... If there wasnt such a small supply of AR parts, I would prolly cancel my order and use a different company, but in this situation Im just gonna hope for the best.
    Ive ordered and had good luck with bigger companies like Midwayusa, if their website says IN STOCK then its is.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    I ordered from Red X (spikes BCG), Tracked package to Louisiana then on FedEx website it showed customer refused shipment. I called FedEx and asked them how the hell can I refuse a shipment if I have been home all day and no FedEx truck has been to my home. She said that she could see more info on her computer and that Red X requested it returned. I said ok, then why does it say I refused it? So now Red X will see I refused it and I am screwed, FedEx lies and are full of crap
    I immediately called Red X and asked about this request to return it to them, they said they never requested that and would send immediate replacement, 3 days later I had a new Spikes Tactical BCG at my house delivered by UPS. this was only 10 days ago.
    I was happy with Red X, and have bought more supplies from them
    Your experience my differ but for now I am a loyal customer and FedEx can kiss my ass.

PS...before anyone asks, the BCG is not available!!!

Last edited:

Rie2183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    NOLA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358048893.316303.jpg
    I have a Spikes NiB BCG in my AR and I love it! Much easier to clean then the phosphate coated ones. Highly recommended.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    Your right,FEDEX sucks!!!! If I find that a vendor is shipping only through fedex,I don't order.Period.The last shipment I received from fedex was a fireplace.The fedex guy kicked it out the back and down my long 1/4 mile driveway.I was like WTH man.He said I didn't bring my dolly today.Sorry.Needless to say,the fireplace was in shambles.I had to return it.Thank goodness the vendor was a good company.I now am looking for a bumper sticker that says" Fed up with FedEx "

And I know Company man or I would own it now.See you at the next GS !!!!

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I ordered from Red X (spikes BCG), Tracked package to Louisiana then on FedEx website it showed customer refused shipment. I called FedEx and asked them how the hell can I refuse a shipment if I have been home all day and no FedEx truck has been to my home. She said that she could see more info on her computer and that Red X requested it returned. I said ok, then why does it say I refused it? So now Red X will see I refused it and I am screwed, FedEx lies and are full of crap
    I immediately called Red X and asked about this request to return it to them, they said they never requested that and would send immediate replacement, 3 days later I had a new Spikes Tactical BCG at my house delivered by UPS. this was only 10 days ago.
    I was happy with Red X, and have bought more supplies from them
    Your experience my differ but for now I am a loyal customer and FedEx can kiss my ass.

PS...before anyone asks, the BCG is not available!!!

Well I have called repeatly and can't get them to call me back, that email is the first response I got from them late Friday evening. And had no name or other contact info. Sorry but that is shitty service and not a very professional way to respond to a customer.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Red X Arms, worst customer service ever. I've seen 12 year olds operate lemonade stands with better business etiquette than them. Neil tells me that they are swamped and don't have time to talk so shut up and listen this is how it is. UPS lost your package, not us it's not our fault or yours. They are re-opening the case and will take care of it in 8 business days. And then hangs up. No were sorry about what happened no we will contact you later. They will never see a dime from me. I know right now that's probably ok, but later when things slow down I hope they have to close there doors for good. Unprofessional pieces of **** company. All they had to was communicate with me and contact UPS I have been trying to contact them since the fourth. No excuse for the poor service I will be contacting the better business bureau and file a complaint

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    Red X Arms, worst customer service ever. I've seen 12 year olds operate lemonade stands with better business etiquette than them. Neil tells me that they are swamped and don't have time to talk so shut up and listen this is how it is. UPS lost your package, not us it's not our fault or yours. They are re-opening the case and will take care of it in 8 business days. And then hangs up. No were sorry about what happened no we will contact you later. They will never see a dime from me. I know right now that's probably ok, but later when things slow down I hope they have to close there doors for good. Unprofessional pieces of **** company. All they had to was communicate with me and contact UPS I have been trying to contact them since the fourth. No excuse for the poor service I will be contacting the better business bureau and file a complaint

i feel your pain on this one, however this is what people don't understand, you take a company like red jacket or essential arms for example, and they are used to pumping out 30 to 40 rifles a week, now has turned into their worst nightmare, with 12 plus month back log cause now everyone wants one, so you have to see both sides, like yesterday i was meeting with a guy that is opening up his own line of ar-15's, he has already lined up enough equipment to build 1000 ar's by feb, i have spoke with the admins about releasing his info and have passed the sponsor info to him and he is gonna be looking at advertixing on the site, he just purchased 2 cnc machines, EA has just purchased another 3 machines and is in the process of moving into a bigger building.

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    i feel your pain on this one, however this is what people don't understand, you take a company like red jacket or essential arms for example, and they are used to pumping out 30 to 40 rifles a week, now has turned into their worst nightmare, with 12 plus month back log cause now everyone wants one, so you have to see both sides, like yesterday i was meeting with a guy that is opening up his own line of ar-15's, he has already lined up enough equipment to build 1000 ar's by feb, i have spoke with the admins about releasing his info and have passed the sponsor info to him and he is gonna be looking at advertixing on the site, he just purchased 2 cnc machines, EA has just purchased another 3 machines and is in the process of moving into a bigger building.

And why should that be the customer's fault? If your production increases to the point where your customer service turns to **** then maybe you need to do something about it.

If their sales are up so much then they could afford to hire an extra person or two to take phone calls from the people that are giving them all that business.

Being busy is NEVER an excuse to treat your customers like ****. Those are the people that drive your profits... and if enough of them get fed up then they can shut you down.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    And why should that be the customer's fault? If your production increases to the point where your customer service turns to **** then maybe you need to do something about it.

If their sales are up so much then they could afford to hire an extra person or two to take phone calls from the people that are giving them all that business.

Being busy is NEVER an excuse to treat your customers like ****. Those are the people that drive your profits... and if enough of them get fed up then they can shut you down.

once again i agree, that is why i dont work for a call center anymore lol, i hated answering phones, notice how a bunch of sites are going offline and working, by email or fax only, like yesterday i have spread the word to some people about the new manufacturing plant opening up and just so happens i went to visit him, and we were looking at some rifles and looking at a pistol to see about getting a softer spring since it is a small pistol for my fiance, in two hrs his phone rang over 100 times lol and he is by himself, i told him just for customer service he gonna need about 4 people answering phone calls, then he is looking at 2-4 cnc machinists to have them going 24/7, not including production line people people the guns together, right now he is on 4 week backorder, he is trying to make it less then a week backorder, the attitudes everyone getting from these companies, yes it does suck, i have been on both ends and it does make a company look horrible, where they were once the greatest, but put them under stress like today and watch what happens ;)

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Sorry, there is no excuse for the way he treated me and handled my order. Communication was where it all went to ****, he was to busy to call UPS, like he is doing now, and handling his side of the business. He sent me some **** poor email saying" they don't have the item call UPS and give them tracking info they will find it. " this is the email I get after telling him I talked to UPS and the package is lost and he needs to contact UPS because they need to speak with the shipper. I sent the tracking number and all. All he had to do was call UPS and get the ball rolling and contact me saying they have spoke to UPS and have started the investigation process. If they where an A+ company they would have resent the item after verifying it was lost. But they suck too much to act like a real company and do what, had to be done anyway, they are suppose to

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom