STRIKing Resemblence!!/Shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5vegas

Smoke em
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Metairie
    Today I picked up my Walther PPQ in 9 mm. Ordered from Buds for $509 shipped. The reviews have been great on this pistol and had to see for myself.First off the trigger feels great! Smooth pull and very light crisp break. Reset is also very short.(feels shorter than g17 anyways) I had to celebrate with a beer so I called a buddy and told him to stop by after work. He brought his HK p30 and we started to compare. At first glance, I said which one is mine? Then I realized he had drank the Koolaid also and got offended!! Ha! Anyway, I'll be shooting it Thursday and will update this post with a full evaluation. Of course I'll let my friend do the explanation of accuracy for I am not a great shot!(yet)Just wanted to ask if I was first on BS to own a PPQ, and if not can I get some first hand opinions on my new purchase!!
    4702ec6a.jpg

Mines on the right!! LOL
    All I have to say is try the Qoolaid!You won't be diappointed.this pistol from the factory felt and shot fantastic. IMO this trigger is light years ahead of Glock(stock). Of course I'm speaking of what works for me, the smoothness and crisp trigger pull was 2nd to none from a factory gun.The accuracy of this gun was sick at 15'-30', at 45' it started hitting a little left, but probably from my lack of experience.This is my next favorite gun to shoot behind my MP .45 with trigger upgrades.I understand it hasn't been around long enough to prove it's credibility, but as far as the first trip, I'm sold on this piece.My buddy who is what I consider to be a pretty good marksman, claimed he loved this gun and the proof was in the target! As far as a fun and accurate gun to shoot, I'm hooked.After all, whats the point of going to the range and just hitting the paper when you can actually blow a big hole in one spot.I have no bad feelings at all against Glock, which I own 2 by the way, I just think this gun is more comfortable by far and is easier to shoot.
    This thread started as a question hoping for a good review, but I now have my own answer.Hopefully this gun will have the reliability and great reviews that the Glock has.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    LOL, reminds me of the "Hi-Point looks like HK" thread, and yes, this proves it, I'm not the only one who thinks the HK looks like a Walther! HA!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom