Subcompact 9mm thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Better Carry Gun?

• Subcompact XD 9mm

Votes: 11 13.9%
    • Subcompact XDM 9mm

Votes: 12 15.2%
    • Glock 26

Votes: 56 70.9%

• Total voters

Mexi_Can116

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Have you even held a g26? Maybe you should start there cuz the 26 has a real awkward grip even with the grip extension and quite frankly I didn't like it at all and don't like any of the xd's either.

jvigne1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It really is the width you need to concern yourself with. The G26 is not by any means a thin sucker, but it's easily manageable. I'll put it to you this way (just my opinion), I had an xd40sc, now I have a G26. ;)

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    For what its worth and I know its not on the list but my KT P-11 has eaten every type of ammo I have thrown at it hides much better than my G27. Not to snappy either with the Hogue Jr. grip. 4.3 in and 5.6 in long 1'" wide holds 10+1, and 20 oz loaded up. The only thing I don't like is the factory sights, which I drilled out and put FO sights. Breaks down easy for cleaning as well. I have recently added a belt clip which I have come to love! http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?54798-New-FO-sights-on-my-P11-Pics&highlight=

Last edited:

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I say g26. I am somewhat in the same situation only I am walking away from the "serbo Croat special" altogether for carry. I am also a .40 feller so I am looking at the g27 or g23, I have and still am kind of considering the M&P but am nervous about not liking the trigger, although I do value LSP's opinion on them improving just still nervous I won't like it.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I love my XD9 subcompact, and I also have an XDm-40. I am without a doubt a huge fan of Springfield and the whole XD series; I just love 'em. That said, I probably wouldn't choose the XD if I CC'd. They are great shooters, but they're heavier and bulkier than any on the list and that is a big factor in CC. If I were to CC I'd get something no smaller than 9mm but extremely small and light, like a Keltec PF9 or something. But for pure shooting, I like my XDs!

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Test fire all three. Buy the one YOU shoot best.

All three will do their job if you do yours.

I personally like the XD40sc, due to the fact that my 45 is a XD45 Tactical, and I like the consistancy in grip and I shoot XD's well.

I like the XD trigger MUCH better than Glocks. But that's just me. My only experience with the M&P was a 45 a couple years ago and I was OK, I didn't like the hinged trigger, though.

I like the Glock pistols, and I shoot them well, but the grip is too big on the G21 and I want a hi-cap 45 that isn't $1K and the XD45 fits the bill perfectly. I don't want two different grip angles on my different defensive pistols, so I sold all my Glocks. I am not as much a fan of the XDm line as I am of the regular XD's, just 'cause I like the regular XD grip the best. It is closest to my very favorite gun, my P229R.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom