Supplements and Vitamins

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Good to hear that none of y'all are going crazy overboard on anything. I usually have a protein bar at work as they store very well and are super easy to eat between customers. It also kills any carb / sugar craving that I get during the day, though that's not really a normal thing. At nights I have a protein shake after my workout. If it is a "gaining mass" period my protein shake also includes creatine.

As for actual supplements - every morning I have been taking the One a Day Men's Pro Performance vitamin, and sometimes a fish oil.

Starting next week I will be taking the GNC Ripped Vitapak spread out over the day. It contains 4 CLA Pills, two multi-vitamins, a waterx thing that helps you regulate water (also has electrolytes in it to aid in not cramping), and a thermogenic. I am pretty pumped for the thermogenic part as I hear that they work quite well on those who have never taken them before. Anyone ever tried this?

And here I thought you were looking for suppository suggestions....:mamoru:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Starting next week I will be taking the GNC Ripped Vitapak spread out over the day. It contains 4 CLA Pills, two multi-vitamins, a waterx thing that helps you regulate water (also has electrolytes in it to aid in not cramping), and a thermogenic. I am pretty pumped for the thermogenic part as I hear that they work quite well on those who have never taken them before. Anyone ever tried this?

I've messed with thermo's before. They work, but make sure you drink plenty of water!!! And if you are sensitive to caffeine keep an eye out for your HR. They are usually pretty stim heavy. I had really good results with muscle pharm's "shred matrix" last summer. Just gotta keep that diet on point & don't slack (too much :D) on cardio.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've messed with thermo's before. They work, but make sure you drink plenty of water!!! And if you are sensitive to caffeine keep an eye out for your HR. They are usually pretty stim heavy. I had really good results with muscle pharm's "shred matrix" last summer. Just gotta keep that diet on point & don't slack (too much :D) on cardio.

See any prob with taking the thermo pill in the morning even though I workout in the evenings? Some sites said that wasnt the best ides.

My thought was I don't really need it for the workout...it would just help burn a lil bit more during the day. Thoughts?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There's nothing wrong with taking it in the AM, you just won't have that caffeine kick for your workout sesh. I just looked up the label and see that you won't be able to split it like the muscle pharm product I used. If it were me I would try to take it with lunch (couple hours before workout?) because I like the feeling caffeine gives me when I workout. If you take a pre-workout supplement then definitely take it in the AM because 500mg+ of caffeine isn't exactly great for your heart when working out.

Thermogenics are usually pretty mild but you will notice you feel hotter throughout the day, almost like a mild fever. You can play around with the time you take it until you're satisfied and the effects should be pretty much the same.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    ON multivitamin
    CLA
    DHEA
    Fish and flax oil
    Chromium picoloniate
    Cycle for 2 wks then off themogenic (forget the name)

Cheap 5lb bag of protien muscle tech?? from SAMs - not perfect but not the worst easy on the pocket

Quest bars or power crunch for afternoon snack

2 protien shakes a day morning post workout.

ON gold caesin protien shake for beddy bye

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

Shred Matrix isn't just a thermogenic, which is why it works. Shred is my weapon of choice for that last little bit to lose before the beach. I know im sounding like I work for MHP but their products are just the top of the line all around.

traditional thermos are a tax for people too lazy to workout and too undisciplined to portion their meals. thermos combined with diet and exercise are still negligible if you bought it off a shelf. and lets be honest, if you know where to get the good stuff you aren't interested in what I have to say on the subject lol

Lyle Savant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Central (NE Baton Rouge, LA)
    Good Muti-Vitamin and a B-Complex each morning with a small glass of Orange Juice and breakfast. MV to make up for a lack in perfect diet. B Complex for stress and energy (don't take at night, it'll keep you up). Recommended by a Pharmacist friend

Via
    TapaTalk Pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tstevens42
    Top Bottom