Supplements and Vitamins

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What do you guys take and why? Lets have another one of our fun discussions :)

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I tried meth this morning as my preworkout.

Just kidding, I don't take anything other than a multivitamin and a recovery sleep aid. Other than that I just drink my juice before I workout.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you have no idea what you're doing or half of this looks like chinese, please don't do this. edit: removed the jist of the program because some clown will jump into this and hurt himself.

If you know exactly what this is - its amazing and has literally fast forwarded my annual spring cut by 4 weeks (im almost 6 weeks ahead of schedule compared to last year, with similar cardio/lifting schedule)

Supplement list:

MHP Armor-V - daily multivitamin, EFA's, and phyto/micronutrients. - this gets my supplement of the year award. cant recommend highly enough, regardless of your program.

Colon Pure Psyllium Husks - aids digestion and makes me "go", also helps me feel full between shakes/meals. Basically fills me up like oatmeal, without the carbs.

MHP BCAA- branched chain aminos between meals/shakes because of the low caloric intake

PB2- aids taste. - its peanut butter sans calories.

MHP Combat Protein Mixture- 2 scoops - 2nd place supplement of year. by far and away the best tasting and designed protein to hit the planet since protein, taste, or planet.

Thats pretty much it. My "go juice" of choice is black coffee, mornings and prewo. I used to be a supplement whore and I'd literally take 20 or 30 different somethings a day. After seeing what it takes to make most "fitness" products, I stick to real foods and know whats going into my body.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No supplements, no vitamins. Just a sensible diet. But my fitness goals are simply to be strong and fit, no particular mass goal or such, and I'm patient, no need for me to rush. (I am boring aren't I?)

Not really (boring that is). I'm not going to take anything once I finish what I have.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    slowly cutting mine back as well. when not using this to cut (another 2% or so to go) i'll be using the armorV as my only supplement (3 birds one stone)

good to see so many people not diving into this stuff. i cant tell you how many people came to see me on day 1 and have a laundry list of all the bullcrap they are taking. and don't even get me started on overweight women selling plexus or advocare to other overweight women... i'll use language not suitable for human beings.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    C4 for that boost to wake me up and get moving and Dymatize Elite Mass Weight Gainer post work out when food isn't an option.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm finishing off my tub of protein this week and just going to be taking fish oils & a joint supp for my shoulders & elbows (tendonitis & junk when I go heavier than normal). I eat a pretty clean and healthy diet as of late. My post workout will then be a huge glass of fat free/low fat chocolate milk and a 'nanner!

I do cycle creatine occasionally. Anything that claims to be more "effective" at putting on mass is a waste unless you go to pharmaceuticals IMO.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Good to hear that none of y'all are going crazy overboard on anything. I usually have a protein bar at work as they store very well and are super easy to eat between customers. It also kills any carb / sugar craving that I get during the day, though that's not really a normal thing. At nights I have a protein shake after my workout. If it is a "gaining mass" period my protein shake also includes creatine.

As for actual supplements - every morning I have been taking the One a Day Men's Pro Performance vitamin, and sometimes a fish oil.

Starting next week I will be taking the GNC Ripped Vitapak spread out over the day. It contains 4 CLA Pills, two multi-vitamins, a waterx thing that helps you regulate water (also has electrolytes in it to aid in not cramping), and a thermogenic. I am pretty pumped for the thermogenic part as I hear that they work quite well on those who have never taken them before. Anyone ever tried this?

Top Bottom