Support this man

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    For those of you who like country music, or just good music in general, I would suggest supporting people like this.

I posted a couple of his videos in the music thread, but then I found this video that gives an introduction to the man behind the music. We need more people like this to be successful. Maybe most artists start out this way and then succuss changes them, I'm sure this is the case a lot of times. Yet, I would still recommend to support someone coming from nothing rather than grifters who don't give a damn about their target audience or the lyrics they sing.

Introduction

Music

Grapeape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Houma
    I knew what was coming as soon as I heard it. It's impossible to not like his performance or to disagree with the lyrics. If it doesn't hit you in the feels, you might not have a soul.
    I personally like "I've got to get sober" more, but they are both really good.
    I was watching the “Rich men north of Richmond “ video earlier today and it was at 1.2 million views and later on this evening it’s at 2.2 million and still climbing. Over a million views in less than 12 hours. His music definitely hits you in the feels. Very relatable and his success well deserved.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I just read that “Rich Men North of Richmond” is now the #1 country song in the US. The dude is pretty good. But, he ain’t no John Rich. At least not yet.
    Not gonna lie, didn't get past the first verse

I'm sure the message is good, but the music is horrible - coming from a person who just doesn't care for country music in general, so take that for what it's worth.
    There is a reason that Oliver Anthony has gotten so much attention so fast, and that's because he resonates with people who don't even listen to country music, and the reason for that is because he is genuine in his message. Don't get me wrong, he sounds great, and the music is not bad. It's not only what he's saying, or how he's saying it, it's who it's coming from and why.
    All that said, there is a reason I don't listen to modern country, multiple reasons actually, but Oliver Anthony is a refreshing blast to the past as far as his style is concerned. When he says he's living in a new world with an old soul, I can feel that, and I don't think he's lying. This ain't upbeat pop country sung by a clean guy in tight wranglers, a cowboy hat, and a gay mustache. This dude is real, in the raw, struggling to get by day to day like most of the rest of us, and also just so happens to have a hell of a voice and the ability to write and deliver all those bottled up emotions in a short 3 minute song that will put water in most men's eye if they have a heart to feel it.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

You just can't not like this guy. He knows his time in the spotlight is limited and it seems like he is dead set on focusing on the betterment of society as a whole, as long as that light is on him.
    I'm not so sure he will get his way, but I admire his will.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Romans 8:31
    If God be for us, who can be against us?

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

God fearing, humble, level headed... thats what this country needs more of.... Amen brother
    they said even Jamey Johnson showed up and sang in color with him

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Currently he is standing his ground. This puts a smile on my face. Excerpt from Fox news. Link to full article here
    "People in the music industry give me blank stares when I brush off 8 million dollar offers. I don't want 6 tour buses, 15 tractor trailers and a jet. I don't want to play stadium shows, I don't want to be in the spotlight. I wrote the music I wrote because I was suffering with mental health and depression. These songs have connected with millions of people on such a deep level because they're being sung by someone feeling the words in the very moment they were being sung. No editing, no agent, no bulls--t. Just some idiot and his guitar. The style of music that we should have never gotten away from in the first place."

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Currently he is standing his ground. This puts a smile on my face. Excerpt from Fox news. Link to full article here
    "People in the music industry give me blank stares when I brush off 8 million dollar offers. I don't want 6 tour buses, 15 tractor trailers and a jet. I don't want to play stadium shows, I don't want to be in the spotlight. I wrote the music I wrote because I was suffering with mental health and depression. These songs have connected with millions of people on such a deep level because they're being sung by someone feeling the words in the very moment they were being sung. No editing, no agent, no bulls--t. Just some idiot and his guitar. The style of music that we should have never gotten away from in the first place."
    If, and that's a big if, but if he truly does not sell out, that would set such a great example for so many others, and it makes the message of the song just that much more powerful.
    He should already be taking in a pretty decent sum of money, and I'm happy for him, he deserves it.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    God, I love this. Ya love to see it!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom